Bistol citings

Re: Bistol citings

Charlie 09 Sep 2020 18:43 pm said..

Very pragmatic assessment from Alan Solomons before the Worcester game just now.
Charlie
First team regular

Gb83 09 Sep 2020 18:45 pm said..

Charlie wrote:Very pragmatic assessment from Alan Solomons before the Worcester game just now.

Agree, Lam has got that very wrong.
Gb83
Hall of Famer

Beddis 10 Sep 2020 20:04 pm said..

Piutau’s appeal was rejected tonight, don’t understand why the ban wasn’t increased though
Beddis
Posts: 4378  Location: Malahide, Co Dublin. Formerly Lydney

Gloucester Mute 11 Sep 2020 17:03 pm said..

IF SW posters were involved in rugby discipline there would only be GRFC players allowed to play the games - all the rest would be banned for months/years/life !! ;)

Need to get real. :roll: :roll:
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 2629  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County

chumba 11 Sep 2020 17:21 pm said..

There is only one contributor to this post who needs to ‘get real’. From my experience punching pretty much died out as an ‘acceptable’ dark art about 20 years ago, about the time I stopped playing.

Nothing big or clever about using a fist to win an argument you’ve lost in a legitimate physical confrontation.

Given your adroitness at using technology Mr Mute I think it’s time you tried moving with other aspects of the 21st Century .....
chumba
Hero in the making

Gloucester Mute 11 Sep 2020 17:36 pm said..

So do you really think that every game you watch Chumba is played with no "foul play" whatsoever ?? No dropping the knee on a prone player, use of elbows, slightly-late tackles, tackling player early, verbals, a slightly too high a tackle, not really using your arms in the tackle but using the body or shoulder, leaning on a player's head/body on the ground to get back up, holding player's back/down, running a line that cuts up a defender, pulling back a finger from the hand holding the ball, holding onto a player too long after a tackle etc; etc; etc; ??

Or a wronged player using a punch in retaliation for all of the above ??

I repeat "get real". Rugby is a contact sport played at speed. Things happen in order to gain an advantage - legal, slightly illegal and totally illegal.

Ask any player coming off a rugby pitch whether there was some foul play unseen by the referee - only someone from the local monastery team might say "no". And in my experience playing against certain Catholic schools and clubs they were the worst.

Get real and drop the piety. :roll: :roll:
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 2629  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County

forward power 12 Sep 2020 06:38 am said..

Surely the arguement mute isn't whether or not these things happen, we all know they do. The question is whether or not some of them are acceptable.
I would imagine a large number of people on this site have been involved in one of the activities you've listed but it doesn't make it right.
forward power
First team regular

Allen Prior 12 Sep 2020 07:17 am said..

Gloucester Mute wrote:Things happen in order to gain an advantage - legal, slightly illegal and totally illegal.

I find myself agreeing with you with one exception: things are either legal or illegal - there can be no shades of illegal (unless, apparently, you are HM Government). Legal is in the same group as unique - it is either one or the other.

I think Pat Lam comes out of this badly - Piatau clearly started the fracas, even though he was not the first to throw a punch. To tell us he was acting in self-defence is an insult to our intelligence. Kitchener (and Worcester) have accepted the verdict but Lam starting bleating (!) about the need for the authorities to take feedback (as if he has evidence that they don't). Lam must have been close to being charged with bringing the game into disrepute.

Denying this fatuous, time-wasting appeal was the correct action; in many cases, questionable appeals have lead to an increase in the sanction but, in this case, I believe the appeal panel is correct in leaving the sentence as is. The statement Bristol put out afterwards is utter tripe; no comment was needed other than "we have been through a fair and thorough process and accept the result"
Allen Prior
Hall of Famer
The artist formerly known as Porky

robs1 12 Sep 2020 07:22 am said..

Perhaps Bristol are becoming the new Sarries now they have limitless money they think they are above the rest and can do what they want
robs1
Hall of Famer

Allen Prior 12 Sep 2020 07:25 am said..

robs1 wrote:Perhaps Bristol are becoming the new Sarries now they have limitless money they think they are above the rest and can do what they want

My thoughts entirely
Allen Prior
Hall of Famer
The artist formerly known as Porky
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby