Bistol citings

Re: Bistol citings

theoptimist 12 Sep 2020 07:38 am said..

Watching the clip earlier in the thread it’s clear that Piatau clips Kitchener in the face / head before they go down to the floor. Lam was talking nonsense in terms of the ‘self-defence’ angle.

Mute - not sure what relevance your comments about the ‘dark arts’ have to this incident. Punches weren’t thrown to garner some advantage. This was about Kitchener’s stupid reaction to a team who lack humility and exhibit plenty of hubris.

I suspect Lam’s response was purely about showing his team that he has complete faith and belief in them... He seems to be building the same ‘them and us’ attitude that saw Sarries fans and players comment that others were just jealous of them rather than acknowledge and admit that they were at fault. I wonder where Bristol might go in Lansdowne’s pursuit of world dominance...and can see echos of Saracens‘ journey to the top.
theoptimist
On the board

Gloucester Mute 12 Sep 2020 08:05 am said..

My comments weren't with any respect to this specific incident - where BTW I think the Panel/s got it spot on. Lam/Bristol out-of-order.

They were in a general response to the comments from a view that IMHO were OTT ie; punching should receive a more severe ban; any violent play is reprehensible and needs severe bans; violent play should be totally out-lawed; referees/ARs/TMOs should be looking out for any/every indiscretion that ever happens.

It's rugby people. Things happen. Part of the game. Get real.
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 2629  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County

theoptimist 12 Sep 2020 10:17 am said..

I understand your point Mute...

Although ‘be realistic’ may be a better term than get real.

Get real suggests that the owner of the perception is daft (which in this case I can’t believe is the case - can anyone honestly say that posters are wrong for wanting less violence / thuggery in the game?)

Be realistic is the acknowledgement that in a physically brutal contact sport, these things happen.
theoptimist
On the board

Gloucester Mute 12 Sep 2020 11:09 am said..

Be realistic will be my new phrase. Was trying to use younger people's lingo - as when my grandchildren tell me to "get real Grumpy" !!
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!

Allen Prior 12 Sep 2020 11:49 am said..

Perceptive grandchildren, GM :D :shock:
Allen Prior
Hall of Famer
The artist formerly known as Porky

ROLLO 12 Sep 2020 12:06 pm said..

I think that this has not done much for Lam's image if I am honest , a DoR who I rate highly. It may have made a larger target on his back for the Salary Cap manager though. For the record I think that Paitau was in a wound-up state for much of the match.
With the second verdict upholding the first , which was correct , we move on ( I hope )
ROLLO
Hall of Famer

Lurker 12 Sep 2020 13:48 pm said..

Gloucester Mute wrote:Be realistic will be my new phrase. Was trying to use younger people's lingo - as when my grandchildren tell me to "get real Grumpy" !!

a new name for you on SW then - "Grumpy Mute" :D ?
Lurker
Hall of Famer
If the world was a really rational place, it would be men that would ride side saddle

Gloucester Mute 12 Sep 2020 14:01 pm said..

Not allowed to change names on SW Lurker - the SW police are monitoring more than just our PM's !! ;) ;) :roll: :roll:
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

Allen Prior 12 Sep 2020 17:47 pm said..

Gloucester Mute wrote:Not allowed to change names on SW Lurker - the SW police are monitoring more than just our PM's !! ;) ;) :roll: :roll:

I changed mine but maybe I’m not a marked man :lol: :D
Allen Prior
Hall of Famer
The artist formerly known as Porky

Chris Jones 12 Sep 2020 20:46 pm said..

Do you think that Baxter would have reacted to this situation as Pat Lam did?
Perhaps he was just being very supportive of one of his key stars

I know most people rate Lam as a super god coach but I have a New Zealander friend who has a different view following his departure from the Blues...
Chris Jones
Vice-Captain
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby