Sirs for Monday

Re: Sirs for Monday

Sheddy Mcshedface 13 Sep 2020 10:58 am said..

I know stevieb but just wanted point out that, in arguing against the point I was making, they were in fact using the point I was making.

Anyway hope it's a good game with no contentious decisions to be made!
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer
Keyser Sose

Gloucester Mute 13 Sep 2020 11:00 am said..

Asgard wrote:I'm not sure if many know this but after every game the referee talks through his performance with his performance manager and every aspect of the game is analysed with close scrutiny. It is over-viewed by his colleagues. I remember sitting behind Nigel Owen on a plane returning to Heathrow after the Castres game a couple of years ago. He spent the entire flight reviewing the game on his lap top prior to meeting his performance coach in Cardiff that night.
To suggest on this website that a Premiership Referee is prone to bias does nothing but denigrate the reputation of so called knowledgeable supporters.

+1

And let's be honest - our "so called knowledgeable supporters" OR as they deem themselves "true fans" are always the first to jump on a referee (until they watch the game on TV and realise that they were wrong and he was right).

Certain posters have slightly changed tack in now pretending that they are equally concerned of KD being unconsciously biased against Quins - as well as consciously against GRFC.

Let's allow the professional, qualified, experienced referee (who also has the valuable experience of being an ex-pro top player to draw on) to get on with it. 'Cos he's certainly not going to be replaced due to "bleating". :roll: :roll:
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 2624  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County

Sheddy Mcshedface 13 Sep 2020 11:11 am said..

For someone who is keen to profess that this should be a place for all opinions you really don't seem to like it when people express opinions different to yours.

If you go back and read the thread it has been a consistent point that KD has potential to be open to accusations of bias against both sides not just Gloucester.
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer
Keyser Sose

Gloucester Mute 13 Sep 2020 11:41 am said..

Very happy to disagree on your contrary opinions Sheddy. And likewise ??

You think you're right, I think you're wrong. Period. No worries but "be realistic" (previously was "get real") on getting changes made to this protocol. ;)
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 2624  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County

yourrealname 13 Sep 2020 16:53 pm said..

The referee’s bosses are dim
To appoint Dickson to ref Castle Grim
You see, for his sins
He played 8 years for Quins
So when we play them it shouldn’t be him.

This has caused a lengthy dispute
As Shedwebbers try to refute
The ex- refs on this site
Who are of course always right
And who wants to argue with Mute?
yourrealname
Turns out for the A team

vitesse 13 Sep 2020 17:35 pm said..

yourrealname wrote:The referee’s bosses are dim
To appoint Dickson to ref Castle Grim
You see, for his sins
He played 8 years for Quins
So when we play them it shouldn’t be him.

This has caused a lengthy dispute
As Shedwebbers try to refute
The ex- refs on this site
Who are of course always right
And who wants to argue with Mute?

:D :D :D
Like it.... but by the same token, I hope that Ridley's performance manager had words after the Exe game.......
vitesse
Vice-Captain
Posts: 396  Location: Alicante Province, within easy reach of the airport......!

colinboag 13 Sep 2020 18:27 pm said..

I don't think ALT will be losing any sleep over his competitor! ;)
colinboag
Hall of Famer
Cherchez la truffe

Severus 13 Sep 2020 18:48 pm said..

Gloucester Mute wrote:Very happy to disagree on your contrary opinions Sheddy. And likewise ??

You think you're right, I think you're wrong. Period. No worries but "be realistic" (previously was "get real") on getting changes made to this protocol. ;)

Period? Thought you didn’t like the increased Americanization of British culture ;)
Last edited by Severus on 13 Sep 2020 20:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Severus
Hall of Famer

MarcusRann 13 Sep 2020 18:55 pm said..

My American girlfriend dumped me.

She said "You're just too immature, period."

I said " Period, fnar fnar.."
MarcusRann
Hero in the making

yourrealname 13 Sep 2020 19:35 pm said..

colinboag wrote:I don't think ALT will be losing any sleep over his competitor! ;)

On this we agree
Can’t match ALT

(Just wanted to lighten up a thread that had got a bit too serious....)
yourrealname
Turns out for the A team
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby