Teams Up

Teams Up

covglaws 11 Sep 2020 12:02 pm said..

Since the game is Monday. A bit of an unknown quantity. Does anyone know when the team announcement will be made?
covglaws
Hall of Famer
Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems. - Homer Simpson.
Posts: 1786  Location: Sent to Coventry - Well someone's got to live here!

Re: Teams Up

Forrester 11 Sep 2020 12:04 pm said..

I’m guessing Sunday
Forrester
Hall of Famer

Big Red 11 Sep 2020 12:16 pm said..

Confirmed as midday Sunday by a local reporter.
Big Red
Hall of Famer

Sheddy Mcshedface 11 Sep 2020 12:31 pm said..

Question.

If we released our team sheet what's to stop us making wholesale changes. We can obviously make injury replacements but if we saw the oppo team and decided to make changes accordingly could we?

It's interesting that rugby teams are announced days in advance whilst football teams are only a couple of hours.
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer
Keyser Sose

Legendoft'Autostrada 11 Sep 2020 13:08 pm said..

I think the team announcement timings are set in Premiership rugby regulations.

Once upon a time, Warren Gatland announced a Wasps team to play at Kingsholm without any of their current/recent international stars and key playmakers.

Lo and behold, as the teams trotted out for the warm-up, all the stars and key men were present. Poor old Springy had to announce a lot of changes to the team listed in the programme.
Legendoft'Autostrada
Leg-end

madders 12 Sep 2020 10:58 am said..

Still no news ........
madders
Hall of Famer
I’ve only ever been wrong once; l thought l was wrong, but l was wrong!

Baz 12 Sep 2020 11:06 am said..

I’ve backed George Barton for a while now and watching him on the highlights I see no reason to change my view. The guy has got so much potential and for a 10,he is an aggressive tackler and also has great awareness. I hope he starts becoming a regular in the 23.
Baz
Hall of Famer

Gloucester Mute 12 Sep 2020 11:13 am said..

madders wrote:Still no news ........

Madders - FYI it's still not Sunday midday !! ;)
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 2624  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County

Gloucester Mute 12 Sep 2020 11:15 am said..

Baz wrote:I’ve backed George Barton for a while now and watching him on the highlights I see no reason to change my view. The guy has got so much potential and for a 10,he is an aggressive tackler and also has great awareness. I hope he starts becoming a regular in the 23.

I would concur Baz. For me GB has much greater potential to exploit than Lloyd Evans ever had/has.
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 2624  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County

Forrester 12 Sep 2020 11:52 am said..

Baz wrote:I’ve backed George Barton for a while now and watching him on the highlights I see no reason to change my view. The guy has got so much potential and for a 10,he is an aggressive tackler and also has great awareness. I hope he starts becoming a regular in the 23.

He certainly looked the business on Wednesday, what’s his goal kicking like?
Forrester
Hall of Famer
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby