Teams Up

Re: Teams Up

chumba 14 Sep 2020 10:59 am said..

Sorry if i've missed this somewhere; but, where is Ben Morgan these days?
chumba
Hero in the making

King Prawn Bhuna 14 Sep 2020 11:00 am said..

I think I thought the same as Covglos...international caps......not appearances. I thought you only got ‘capped’ for representative rugby not your normal club stuff....county cap, international cap, Lions etc.

Although I could understand a cap at milestones 100, 200 appearances etc.
King Prawn Bhuna
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....

covglaws 14 Sep 2020 11:11 am said..

Exactly. I was thinking full international caps. That said, it looks like there are more than I thought.

I suspect you really meant "appearances" Lambpie.
covglaws
Hall of Famer
Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems. - Homer Simpson.
Posts: 1786  Location: Sent to Coventry - Well someone's got to live here!

Hovis 14 Sep 2020 11:43 am said..

Legendoft'Autostrada wrote:
Opportunist wrote:I think May would be wearing 15 if we had a “must win game”, but since we have nothing to play for in the remainder of the season, it makes sense to experiment with Rees-Zammit, who could learn a lot.

Plenty to play for; sixth or seventh ensures a better seeding in next season's European Cup than eighth place. Will also be a boost to everyone to finish as high as possible in the league.

Yes plenty to play for as 8th doesn't guarantee Champions cup because Leicester could snatch that by winning the Challenge cup.

Also I think only 6th place will put us in tier 3 or have I missed something?
Isn't 7&8th tier 4
5&6th tier 3
3&4th tier 2
1st & 2nd tier 1 ?

As it stands we will finish either 6, 7, 8 or 9th still possible that Worcester can grab 8th from us.

We need a win tonight!!!
Hovis
Vice-Captain

Sheddy Mcshedface 14 Sep 2020 11:46 am said..

For Worcester to go above us they need maximum points from their games against Sarries and Sale and for us not to pick up a single point from our remaining 3 games.

As a Gloucester fan I know well enough not to say it can't happen but I think it's safe to say it probably won't.
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer
Keyser Sose

Hovis 14 Sep 2020 11:49 am said..

Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:For Worcester to go above us they need maximum points from their games against Sarries and Sale and for us not to pick up a single point from our remaining 3 games.

As a Gloucester fan I know well enough not to say it can't happen but I think it's safe to say it probably won't.

Not quite correct, they need a BP win and a win, 9 points will put them above us if we get nowt, unlikely i know but. . .
Hovis
Vice-Captain

mjad 14 Sep 2020 12:04 pm said..

Plenty to play for; sixth or seventh ensures a better seeding in next season's European Cup than eighth place. Will also be a boost to everyone to finish as high as possible in the league.

Yes plenty to play for as 8th doesn't guarantee Champions cup because Leicester could snatch that by winning the Challenge cup.

Also I think only 6th place will put us in tier 3 or have I missed something?
Isn't 7&8th tier 4
5&6th tier 3
3&4th tier 2
1st & 2nd tier 1 ?

As it stands we will finish either 6, 7, 8 or 9th still possible that Worcester can grab 8th from us.

We need a win tonight!!![/quote]

Couple of small tweaks:
Northampton will be ranked 2 (tier 1) if they win the HC, as would Exeter if they lose their Premiership SF
Otherwise, tier 1 will be Premiership finalists, tier 2, losing SF teams

Leicester did us a favour by beating Northampton, now if we win both our home matches we've got a great chance of 6th & a better seeding in Europe next season
mjad
Hero in the making
Regards
Michael

DieTrying 14 Sep 2020 12:22 pm said..

If Exeter lose their Prem SF, surely they'd become a Tier 2?
DieTrying
aka John Neary

Staggy 14 Sep 2020 13:17 pm said..

If any more reason was wanted, am now really hoping for a win tonight as I have a side wager with a Harlequins supporting mate of mine. If Glos lose, I have to wear a Quins top for a round of golf on Tuesday, and the same the other way around :shock: C'mon Glawwss
Staggy
Senior squad member

King Prawn Bhuna 14 Sep 2020 13:24 pm said..

DieTrying wrote:If Exeter lose their Prem SF, surely they'd become a Tier 2?

True unless the below applies for those still in the HC...

If not already ranked No 1, the 2020 Heineken Champions Cup winners will qualify as the 2nd ranked club from its league.

If not already qualified, the 2020 Challenge Cup winners will take the place of the 8th ranked club from its league

Just hope that Saracens don't get any further....it could have all sorts of impact if they legally challenged it.....
King Prawn Bhuna
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby