Teams Up

Re: Teams Up

DieTrying 14 Sep 2020 14:10 pm said..

King Prawn Bhuna wrote:
DieTrying wrote:If Exeter lose their Prem SF, surely they'd become a Tier 2?

True unless the below applies for those still in the HC...

If not already ranked No 1, the 2020 Heineken Champions Cup winners will qualify as the 2nd ranked club from its league.

If not already qualified, the 2020 Challenge Cup winners will take the place of the 8th ranked club from its league

Just hope that Saracens don't get any further....it could have all sorts of impact if they legally challenged it.....

I doubt, the rules are quite clear: Qualifying Leagues are T14, PRO14 & GP. The championship is not a qualifying League.
DieTrying
aka John Neary

jeppy89 14 Sep 2020 15:34 pm said..

I think it would be great for Sarries to be in the Champions Cup next year.

They still have a raft of England Internationals who id like kept at test speed.
jeppy89
Vice-Captain

DieTrying 14 Sep 2020 15:48 pm said..

jeppy89 wrote:I think it would be great for Sarries to be in the Champions Cup next year.

They still have a raft of England Internationals who id like kept at test speed.

Mainly assembled by breaking the rules. No thanks.
DieTrying
aka John Neary

Gloucester Mute 14 Sep 2020 16:56 pm said..

DT - that implies that Sarries are currently breaking the salary cap ?? Which I don't think they are, and if they are they will be punished for Season 19/20. The previous penalties applied to before this season.

I really can't see Sarries challenging anything going forwards - and hopefully (but doubtfully) they will be given a second chance by all to abide by the same rules (as Exeter, Bristol and Sale seemingly currently are) !! ;)
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 2624  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County

Not1eyed 14 Sep 2020 17:35 pm said..

GM don’t suggest Exeter are breaking the cap it won’t play. Accuse Sale and Bristol all you like but don’t put Exeter in there
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

Graham Cartmell 14 Sep 2020 17:45 pm said..

Why can’t he, if he thinks that. No evidence for any of them but anyone can have suspicions; GM won’t be alone in that
Graham Cartmell
Hall of Famer
The older I get the faster I was. Used to be known as Peanutcoxy

Staggy 15 Sep 2020 13:16 pm said..

Knowing what I know about Exeter, I would be very surprised if they were breaking the cap. Loads of home grown players and cheaper imports coached to a high level and therefore playing above themselves as a team. They may start to creak a bit when some of the emerging talent needs new contracts, but suspect that they may get some home town discounts as players might take a lower wage to stay near home and be part of a successful set up winning trophies.

I might be proved wrong in the fullness of time but the way Exeter let go of players when they can't afford them seems to indicate a compliance.

I'm certainly not so sure about Sale and Bristol where there are a higher proportion of what might be higher priced imports!
Staggy
Senior squad member

Allez Glaws 15 Sep 2020 13:39 pm said..

Exeter breaking the salary cap? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Allez Glaws
On the board
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby