Quins OGT

Re: Quins OGT

Nobbler23 15 Sep 2020 18:29 pm said..

Pest it might be me who got it wrong.
Nobbler23
Vice-Captain

Fat Taff 15 Sep 2020 18:31 pm said..

CMGC wrote:It would be interesting to see how someone like Gustard would go as Glos Head Coach. His plans yesterday were very well executed . They flooded our backline at every opportunity and the intercepts were a result. It was no fluke. We could have changed our plan but chose not to.

If your gameplan is to go out and try to win on intercepts, you haven't got much of a gameplan.

Quins have got a quality squad and they've had some dreadful results and abject performances this season.

Gustard is a proven top level defence coach. He's as much of a novice as Skivs in the lead role.

I've simmered down since last night collectively it was crap.

But, going forward, our set piece foundation looks good. We have options in key positions, we have a back row that can be built around one exceptionally special talent, and we have some youthful talent in the backs that can be developed. Some have made the point that we need a banger in midfield, make Lawrence an offer, Worcester won't hold onto him for much longer.

This time next year Rodney.
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

Chris Jones 15 Sep 2020 19:00 pm said..

Agree 100% about Lawrence - what a talent!
Chris Jones
Vice-Captain

Gb83 15 Sep 2020 19:03 pm said..

Fat Taff wrote:
CMGC wrote:It would be interesting to see how someone like Gustard would go as Glos Head Coach. His plans yesterday were very well executed . They flooded our backline at every opportunity and the intercepts were a result. It was no fluke. We could have changed our plan but chose not to.

If your gameplan is to go out and try to win on intercepts, you haven't got much of a gameplan.

Quins have got a quality squad and they've had some dreadful results and abject performances this season.

Gustard is a proven top level defence coach. He's as much of a novice as Skivs in the lead role.

But, going forward, our set piece foundation looks good. We have options in key positions, we have a back row that can be built around one exceptionally special talent, and we have some youthful talent in the backs that can be developed. Some have made the point that we need a banger in midfield, make Lawrence an offer, Worcester won't hold onto him for much longer.

This time next year Rodney.

He signed an extension in June, so can’t see him leaving for a while.
Gb83
Hall of Famer

Fat Taff 15 Sep 2020 19:17 pm said..

This time next year Rodney.[/quote]

He signed an extension in June, so can’t see him leaving for a while.[/quote]

Indeed, but pro sport, contracts, so what? Marshall signed a new contract in January.
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

Big Red 15 Sep 2020 19:20 pm said..

We’re obviously after a banger. RJVR fell through. Linked with Vakatawa and Hendrickson. No smoke without fire.
Big Red
Hall of Famer

robs1 15 Sep 2020 19:49 pm said..

Pest wrote:
Nobbler23 wrote:If I am correct as to the high tackle in question, surely it did prevent the try as the high tackle led to the ball being dislodged.
I am not either that the ball was not in contact with ES when it hit the line or that it went forwards, but my biggest issue with decision was that it was only viewed once, when you consider the endless replays we often see, and as on field decision was try, decision of no try should be only if clear evidence to reverse decision.

Sorry i thought we were talking about the one where Dickson says it would have been a penalty try and yellow if he hadn't scored.

Surely he should have awarded the penalty try, no chance of a missed conversion
robs1
Hall of Famer

Chewbacca 15 Sep 2020 20:46 pm said..

We definitely were after a banger bosher type centre, but a lot has changed since then.

A complete overhaul of senior management and coaching team and our budget means that the shopping list may have changed.

That said, I still absoluletly want a new banger and some front row.
Chewbacca
Vice-Captain

CMGC 15 Sep 2020 22:05 pm said..

FT - The intercepts were not the game plan but were the result. They indicated they had a plan for us and it had worked. Watching th egame they were up mixed in our backline and disrupting as fast as possible. this negated our smooth backline flow and speed and whilst it didn't work 100% of the time it did enough of the time. They picked up the intercepts as a result of Glos carrying on with a fast flat passing sequence. Gustard was with a lot of smart people in his International role and for me has far more experience and miles on him than Skivs as a coach.
CMGC

DieTrying 15 Sep 2020 22:19 pm said..

CMGC wrote:FT - The intercepts were not the game plan but were the result. They indicated they had a plan for us and it had worked. Watching th egame they were up mixed in our backline and disrupting as fast as possible. this negated our smooth backline flow and speed and whilst it didn't work 100% of the time it did enough of the time. They picked up the intercepts as a result of Glos carrying on with a fast flat passing sequence. Gustard was with a lot of smart people in his International role and for me has far more experience and miles on him than Skivs as a coach.

The problem was we didn't change the game plan and it cost us dearly. Once is a mistake, twice is a coincidence, three times is a pattern.
DieTrying
aka John Neary
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby