Quins OGT

Re: Quins OGT

steckers 16 Sep 2020 06:34 am said..

Have glos ever changed a gameplan?

Whilst on that subject, have they ever won a tactical kicking battle?
steckers
Hall of Famer

Chris Jones 16 Sep 2020 07:01 am said..

I’ve always believed that an intercept try is not something to be proud of. It shows that the defender is going for the ball not the tackle
Chris Jones
Vice-Captain

Not1eyed 16 Sep 2020 07:03 am said..

Do Glos actually have a game plan to change? I know 1 of the criticism of JA was there was no game plan.
I’m not sure Cipriani is the sort of player to have or stick to a rigid game plan anyway. He plays off instinct that’s what makes him so good.
As for Monday, the try they scored early was from a terrible kick which I doubt he’ll repeat, and with the interceptions there was an element of forcing the pass . Probably trying to hard to make up for earlier mistake. Human nature and nothing worth beating the guy up over.
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

Ben Carter 16 Sep 2020 07:09 am said..

I remember we beat Exeter with an excellent kick and chase pressure game in the Champions Cup last season. Mind you, Heinz played that game but in one of the most challenging kicking grounds in the country. Glos can do it, just too rarely
Ben Carter
Vice-Captain

Ferret 16 Sep 2020 07:30 am said..

Logic tells me that any club that sticks to a rigid game plan will quickly be sussed out by video analysts in other clubs.
The one flaw in my argument is Exeter who thrive on kick, catch and drive from 5 metres out.
I wonder why other clubs are not able to nullify this ploy. The rugby brains around the country must be able to come up with an antidote but there is nothing effective yet is there?
Our strength is in spreading the opposition around the park with elusive runners but you do need back up quick if our player should run into a wall.
Ferret
Hall of Famer

colinboag 16 Sep 2020 07:41 am said..

It's one thing to analyse what a successful team is doing, but another thing altogether to nullify it. Ex are excellent at what they do, just as Sarries kick/chase game defeated some of the shrewdest coaches around for many years.
colinboag
Hall of Famer
Cherchez la truffe

robs1 16 Sep 2020 08:20 am said..

As did tiggers, a rolling maul with big forwards who are well drilled is very hard to stop legally.
robs1
Hall of Famer

Rolfem 16 Sep 2020 08:34 am said..

robs1 wrote:As did tiggers, a rolling maul with big forwards who are well drilled is very hard to stop legally.

Hence why at 29mins Quinns Captin Lifted the Leg of one of our lifters as we set the Maul, so it collapsed, and KD said we took it down. Ugo, comments on it when I watched the replay.
Also at 37mins on replay we see Mike Brown, hold Thorly back and spin round and throw him to the ground under the feet of the Linesman, who apperently did not see it, but had to jump over Ollie as he landed in the way.....Tackle off the ball!!!!
Rolfem
Senior squad member
Posts: 129  Location: South of Cirencester but Heart is in Gloucester

vitesse 16 Sep 2020 08:43 am said..

Rolfem wrote:
robs1 wrote:As did tiggers, a rolling maul with big forwards who are well drilled is very hard to stop legally.

Hence why at 29mins Quinns Captin Lifted the Leg of one of our lifters as we set the Maul, so it collapsed, and KD said we took it down. Ugo, comments on it when I watched the replay.
Also at 37mins on replay we see Mike Brown, hold Thorly back and spin round and throw him to the ground under the feet of the Linesman, who apperently did not see it, but had to jump over Ollie as he landed in the way.....Tackle off the ball!!!!

This is my point on the "professional" referees.... Who the hell is refereeing them..? Cos they're doing a pish poor job of it.
vitesse
Vice-Captain
Posts: 396  Location: Alicante Province, within easy reach of the airport......!

Cherryade 16 Sep 2020 16:03 pm said..

Sheddy…..it's a loss at home again......regardless of how you spin it......keep losing at home and forget any notions of a top 6 or 4 finish no matter what season.
Cherryade
Vice-Captain
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby