Quins OGT

Re: Quins OGT

16 Sep 2020 17:16 pm:

Let's just add some context:
- the coaching team is new, really new
- we've seen a number of top players leave with new comers stepping up to this level.
- we still have the likes of Heinz, Hansen & Morgan who haven't featured yet - that's one experienced trio.

I hate losing but as everyone has, it's happens. Losing at home, at Kingsholm, hurts.

Losing to Quins wasn't down to poor selection, game plan etc. It was down to 2 interception passes, a forward pass & a knock-on, all of which is down to the individual player(s).

The stats show how much territory and possession we had; then the set piece scrum & lineout went very well indeed compared to recent seasons. The reason(s) why we lost can be fixed.
Hall of Famer

16 Sep 2020 17:18 pm:

Strange as the impression l got it was largely down to a certain “star” who seemed as if he didn’t want to be there. Perhaps he shouldn’t.
I’ve only ever been wrong once; l thought l was wrong, but l was wrong!
Hall of Famer

16 Sep 2020 18:42 pm:

Lewi7 wrote:Let's just add some context:
- we've seen a number of top players leave with new comers stepping up to this level.
- we still have the likes of Heinz, Hansen & Morgan who haven't featured yet - that's one experienced trio.

I hate losing but as everyone has, it's happens. Losing at home, at Kingsholm, hurts.

Losing to Quins wasn't down to poor selection, game plan etc. It was down to 2 interception passes, a forward pass & a knock-on, all of which is down to the individual player(s).

The stats show how much territory and possession we had; then the set piece scrum & lineout went very well indeed compared to recent seasons. The reason(s) why we lost can be fixed.

The 15 turnovers didn't help either - some forced by Quins.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
On the board

16 Sep 2020 20:36 pm:

Lewi7 wrote:Let's just add some context:

Absolutely. We play that game 10 times more and we win, probably with a bonus point by 60 mins.
Hall of Famer

16 Sep 2020 20:52 pm:

BUT we didn't win this time. In professional sport winning is what counts.

That said not the end of the world. No-one died. We will still be in HC - though personally I still maintain that will be a massive distraction and really test our weak SiD - and that will help financially + provide a true-gauge + real experience of the top-level.

And we did create a lot of opportunities (before cocking them up).

Move on.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Dude

17 Sep 2020 10:12 am:

madders wrote:Strange as the impression l got it was largely down to a certain “star” who seemed as if he didn’t want to be there. Perhaps he shouldn’t.

Lewi, good post, but trying to be sensible and balanced is utterly wasted on here. :( :(

17 Sep 2020 10:57 am:

Agreed Andy, agreed.
Hall of Famer

17 Sep 2020 10:58 am:

the name says it all...it's a regular occurrence with him
Cherchez la truffe
Hall of Famer

17 Sep 2020 11:02 am:

madders wrote:Strange as the impression l got it was largely down to a certain “star” who seemed as if he didn’t want to be there. Perhaps he shouldn’t.

Give it a rest. You’ve made your point (repeatedly). Your vitriol towards a number of our players is getting very tiresome.
"Remember that Rugby is team game; all 14 of you make sure that you pass the ball to Jonah"
Hall of Famer

17 Sep 2020 12:37 pm:

Cips didn't lack for effort, simply quality of execution. V.poor day at the office... fine, everyone has them. Draw a line and make up for it by contributing to a win at the Wreck.
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby