Cipriani

Cipriani

Chris Jones 14 Sep 2020 20:41 pm said..

I said it last season and I say again. Cipriani may have flashes of brilliance but he is massive liability. Diabolical kicking on the full, shocking looped passes and kicking straight to the arms of their players.

Probably one of our highest earners at 31+ we need to invest in the likes of Barton. I hope Skivington has the strength of character to see the obvious

The Argentinian seems like a great signing and Polledri was MOM by a mile. Other than that it was a shockingly poor performance by Glaws
Chris Jones
Vice-Captain

Re: Cipriani

Gb83 14 Sep 2020 20:44 pm said..

Chris Jones wrote:I said it last season and I say again. Cipriani may have flashes of brilliance but he is massive liability. Diabolical kicking on the full, shocking looped passes and kicking straight to the arms of their players.

Probably one of our highest earners at 31+ we need to invest in the likes of Barton. I hope Skivington has the strength of character to see the obvious

The Argentinian seems like a great signing and Polledri was MOM by a mile. Other than that it was a shockingly poor performance by Glaws

Cips 1st season was as good as it gets but this season has been really poor.

I don’t get it, skills don’t just disappear but clearly something is up. I feel kind of sorry for him.

I’d rather see Barton get a chance now, we don’t have anything to lose.
Gb83
Hall of Famer

Beddis 14 Sep 2020 20:47 pm said..

Cips had a poor game but I don’t think that a game away to Bath is the right place to throw Barton in.

Overreaction
Beddis
Posts: 4378  Location: Malahide, Co Dublin. Formerly Lydney

Mitch 14 Sep 2020 20:49 pm said..

I had similar thoughts during the game but it is too soon to bin him.

For me, he doesn't seem to be enjoying playing rugby like last year - this may due to the poor results, the Caroline Flack incident, his recent engagement, his own mental health, who knows?

I think it would be more beneficial for him to sit the rest of the season out and try to rekindle his love for the game somehow. A happy Danny plays 100 times better than we saw tonight.

I would love to see Barton play with Heinz and Billy to guide him.
Mitch
Senior squad member

Severus 14 Sep 2020 20:50 pm said..

Oh to have a Billy Burns in the squad.
Severus
Hall of Famer

spanish exile 14 Sep 2020 20:53 pm said..

Yes Cips was bad but he was hampered being behind a novice 9 & very slow service, that said I do wonder if he is on the slide we just need a consistent 10 rather than the occasional flashes of genius.
Not sure where we go now Evans for me hasn't got 'it', if Cips cannot give consistency maybe time to make a change.

As for the ref 'lenient' towards Quins is perhaps an under statement.
spanish exile
Hero in the making

Chris Jones 14 Sep 2020 20:54 pm said..

And please look at the happy smiling face of Cipriani at the end of the game - a stark contrast with a very upset LRZ

NOT ACCEPTABLE
Chris Jones
Vice-Captain

Steveybadger 14 Sep 2020 20:56 pm said..

Mitch wrote:I had similar thoughts during the game but it is too soon to bin him.

For me, he doesn't seem to be enjoying playing rugby like last year - this may due to the poor results, the Caroline Flack incident, his recent engagement, his own mental health, who knows?

I think it would be more beneficial for him to sit the rest of the season out and try to rekindle his love for the game somehow. A happy Danny plays 100 times better than we saw tonight.

I would love to see Barton play with Heinz and Billy to guide him.

I wonder if it’s knowing his England career is almost certainly over. But may be a combo of all of the above. Or it could be the mundane reason that he’s just A sportsman out of form......
Steveybadger
Senior squad member

Gb83 14 Sep 2020 20:57 pm said..

Beddis wrote:Cips had a poor game but I don’t think that a game away to Bath is the right place to throw Barton in.

Overreaction

I’m not saying immediately but Cips hasn’t been right for a while now, his kicking from the floor and hand has been average, he really struggles under pressure, I think Heinz missing really impacts the teamZ

I’d start Evans next game and give Barton some more bench time.

Cips has given us our best rugby at time’s but it’s not working.

So no, not an overreaction!
Gb83
Hall of Famer

Still Realistic 14 Sep 2020 20:57 pm said..

My question is that now the coaches are all Cips old mates, do they have the guts to make the big decision and take him off? I said at half time on the OGT that I would give him 10mins in the 2nd half and if he didn't improve I would take him off.
I am not saying Cips is finished or should be dropped but sometimes in a game in such a crucial position, for whatever reason it just ain't happening and a change is required.
<dons tin hat>
Still Realistic
Hall of Famer
Ken Smith (once upon a time Mr Realistic)
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby