Cipriani

Re: Cipriani

Gloucester Mute 14 Sep 2020 20:58 pm said..

I have had serious concerns about DC for quite a while - and was told to #be kind. I have been but.........

The back-room tensions will be huge around this area of concern - all the coaches are DC's best mates and he was instrumental in encouraging LB (another DC Super-fan) to get them all involved and to jettison some of the other coaches.

The new GRFC was totally based around DC - which is never a good idea. Let's just hope DC can find his karma ASAP otherwise I predict an Icarus episode. :roll: :roll:
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 2624  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County

madders 14 Sep 2020 21:06 pm said..

Some of the other players who gave their all will be well peeved with those that had a jolly jape and found it all rather amusing.
Who wants to pay to watch that rubbish?
madders
Hall of Famer
I’ve only ever been wrong once; l thought l was wrong, but l was wrong!

Paul Stevens 14 Sep 2020 21:14 pm said..

Gloucester Mute wrote:I have had serious concerns about DC for quite a while - and was told to #be kind. I have been but.........

The back-room tensions will be huge around this area of concern - all the coaches are DC's best mates and he was instrumental in encouraging LB (another DC Super-fan) to get them all involved and to jettison some of the other coaches.

The new GRFC was totally based around DC - which is never a good idea. Let's just hope DC can find his karma ASAP otherwise I predict an Icarus episode. :roll: :roll:

Super.
We’re all in agreement then.

Next game, Evans to start and Barton on the bench. So glad you’ve come to recognise Lloyd’s skills.
8-) 8-)
Paul Stevens
Hall of Famer

Gloucester Mute 14 Sep 2020 21:33 pm said..

Barton is the future and can learn from Cips.

Evans has always been an ex-Board Director's son/legacy that never kicked on from his Welsh/English junior Test efforts/connections despite years and years in the camp...... :roll: :roll:
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!

jeppy89 14 Sep 2020 21:42 pm said..

Still Realistic wrote:My question is that now the coaches are all Cips old mates, do they have the guts to make the big decision and take him off? I said at half time on the OGT that I would give him 10mins in the 2nd half and if he didn't improve I would take him off.
I am not saying Cips is finished or should be dropped but sometimes in a game in such a crucial position, for whatever reason it just ain't happening and a change is required.
<dons tin hat>

Not sure what happened there, did Thorley take a knock? Presume Evans was on the bench to replace Cips so did GS just get stuck?
jeppy89
Vice-Captain

Paul Stevens 14 Sep 2020 21:42 pm said..

Gloucester Mute wrote:Barton is the future and can learn from Cips.

Evans has always been an ex-Board Director's son/legacy that never kicked on from his Welsh/English junior Test efforts/connections despite years and years in the camp...... :roll: :roll:

You just don’t get irony or sarcasm...
But especially when the bait has been cast, based upon your previous comments.

https://guiderecommended.com/wp-content ... lies-1.jpg
Paul Stevens
Hall of Famer

Creamoftheprop 14 Sep 2020 21:46 pm said..

Cips mindset must be like porridge atm. Reflecting back to when he joined he had to prove himself at Glos as 1st 10, possibly had a shout - a good one - of playing for England and worked at being 'the'superstar at Glos.

Fast forward, he's not in the top 5 10s for England now..even Simmonds would probably get ahead of him. He had a chance today to sort out a young 10 and yet made Smith look exceptional. He had personal turmoil in the.last few months and has things going on in personal life, as we all do. And his status as Glos superstar has declined, with LRZ, OT and JM now the headliners.

The coaching set up is his old mentor, his best mate and a guy who he probably worked with ( i assume) so i just do not see how he can have any 'skin in the game' any more tbh. Whether he's got half an eye on a backs coaching role and is mentally winding down i dont know, but he appears to be in a mindset of a guy who's just not engaged atm
Creamoftheprop
Senior squad member

Gloucester Mute 14 Sep 2020 21:51 pm said..

Paul - your irony/sarcasm was way too subtle for a Durzle-boy !!

DC can teach Barton because he has the potential. Evans for me is a busted flush who never kicked on to be a genuine PR player. A loan to Hartpury to really test him out would help the decision.
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

Still Realistic 14 Sep 2020 21:55 pm said..

Excellent, 2 more Glaws players in the GM crosshairs!!!!
Still Realistic
Hall of Famer
Ken Smith (once upon a time Mr Realistic)

ladypochita 14 Sep 2020 22:00 pm said..

Quite difficult to kick on as you put it when you have had several injuries which prevent you from playing.
ladypochita
Hero in the making
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby