Bye then.

Bye then.

radiorog 14 Sep 2020 20:57 pm said..

Tonight was the final straw for me. I've been a member/season ticket holder since the early 90's along with my wife and two sons but no more. We've had some great times home and away and have been most of the iconic moments over the years. ( JSD spinning Daglalio, Tofty's kick under the lights to beat Leicester, the miracle match and so on). But it all feels so long ago now.
For the last few years we've debated whether to renew but each time decided to give it one more year. Last season was much better but now we've relapsed yet again.
We'd decided not to renew before the lockdown having spent too many games this season watching boring games with ever decreasing hopes we would get better.
After all we thought, we could come to occasional games and watch on BT Sport.

But not anymore. Tonight is the worst I recall them playing by some way, and that includes the drubbing we got at Quins when Hill put out the 2nds.

So enough is enough. Good luck in the future, I hope it comes together at some point for you all. We'll be spending the almost £2k on some other family activity from now on.
radiorog
Academy prospect

Re: Bye then.

The Vic 14 Sep 2020 21:04 pm said..

The reality is unless fans come back then there will be no more Gloucester rugby
The Vic
Hall of Famer

MrGlawsRocker 14 Sep 2020 21:11 pm said..

MrGlawsRocker
Hall of Famer
In Skivington we Trust, the future is Cherry & white

Tump 14 Sep 2020 21:14 pm said..

There should really be a short shutdown of the site when we lose just to save peoples embarrassment.
Tump
Vice-Captain

Creamoftheprop 14 Sep 2020 21:14 pm said..

True the Vic, but players need to realise that paid support isn't unconditional. People's finances are stretched, esp now. If cips et al cant get their heads right and understand that fundementally we pay their wages then what happens next? We as a family cant afford to support glos unconditionally, we need to see progressive signs of an upward curve before we are confident to spend money which in turn takes money away from something else we know brings us pleasure....simple economics i'm afraid.
Creamoftheprop
Senior squad member

Tump 14 Sep 2020 21:20 pm said..

This is very true if you view sport and Gloucester rugby as a "product" it was poor tonight.
Tump
Vice-Captain

chumba 14 Sep 2020 21:23 pm said..

Your prerogative fella, but one thing you couldn’t fault the players for tonight was lack of effort. Play that game another 10 times and we win 10 times. It was a fluke result, and I won’t be judging the team and the season off the back of it.

Perhaps after some reflection you’ll realise what you’re missing. All the best.
chumba
Hero in the making

Beddis 14 Sep 2020 21:27 pm said..

chumba wrote:Your prerogative fella, but one thing you couldn’t fault the players for tonight was lack of effort. Play that game another 10 times and we win 10 times. It was a fluke result, and I won’t be judging the team and the season off the back of it.

Perhaps after some reflection you’ll realise what you’re missing. All the best.

Couldn’t agree more
Beddis
Posts: 4378  Location: Malahide, Co Dublin. Formerly Lydney

Sheddy Mcshedface 14 Sep 2020 21:29 pm said..

Tbf that wasnt even Gloucester worst performance since the restart. We were pretty gruelling to watch against Leicesters kids and the less said about the Sarries game the better.

It all just boils down to 5 moments.

1. Cipriani Kick.
2. Ollie drop.
3. Varney interception pass.
4. Cipriani forward pass.
5. Cipriani interception pass.

Any one of those goes slightly differently and we win this game comfortably but for us it was a case of whatever could go wrong did go wrong.
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer
Keyser Sose

Creamoftheprop 14 Sep 2020 21:58 pm said..

Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:Tbf that wasnt even Gloucester worst performance since the restart. We were pretty gruelling to watch against Leicesters kids and the less said about the Sarries game the better.

It all just boils down to 5 moments.

1. Cipriani Kick.
2. Ollie drop.
3. Varney interception pass.
4. Cipriani forward pass.
5. Cipriani interception pass.

Any one of those goes slightly differently and we win this game comfortably but for us it was a case of whatever could go wrong did go wrong.

Very true. Guess the frustrating thing is the point where fans cash in their chips when the 'what could go wrong do go wrong'.moments become habitual, repeat behaviours and a) are we at that point? And b) how much patience can be pressed on fans to say 'well, it was one of those days wasnt it?'..
Creamoftheprop
Senior squad member
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby