Bye then.

Re: Bye then.

DieTrying 14 Sep 2020 22:10 pm said..

Be thankful we're not Tiggers supporters.
DieTrying
aka John Neary

Gloucester Mute 14 Sep 2020 22:14 pm said..

Bit dramatic Radiorog !! Winning and/or performing well in defeat aren't guaranteed for STHs/supporters however much you pay or however long you're on board.

I've been watching GRFC at CG since a relatively babe and seen some horrendous losses and performances from the City of my birth rugby-club. I've also had some really great wins and performances + laughs/friendships/camaraderie/pints.

So I carry on - and TBH don't know what else I'd do. Maybe reconsider and just have 2 STs and take it in turns. It will pick-up sometime and there will always be something happy to remember about the game (win or lose).

Ever played golf and had an absolute shocker ?? You'll always come back out for another round based on at least one happy memory (even if it's lobbing your driver in the lake after yet another OOB).
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 2624  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County

colinboag 15 Sep 2020 06:29 am said..

I love this stuff - after every real disappointment someone says ‘that’s it!’, and we all know it isn’t. I always laugh on the golf course when someone says ‘it just couldn’t get any worse’, because it always can.
I’m totally chilled after last night - it’s sport, and it happens. What I liked about Cips’ performance was that although he knew he was having a ‘mare, he didn’t retreat into his shell...still really went for his kicks, and threw the big pass when he thought it was on.

Well done Gustard, he had a clear game plan and his guys executed it well
colinboag
Hall of Famer
Cherchez la truffe

Ferret 15 Sep 2020 06:56 am said..

By the way Colin. Good article in TRP at week end.
Spot on.
Ferret
Hall of Famer

UtilityBack 15 Sep 2020 07:05 am said..

If you’ve been supporting Gloucester for glory you were looking at the wrong club.
UtilityBack
Turns out for the A team

TheOtherJonny 15 Sep 2020 07:13 am said..

Today is another day and we go again for our dear friends down the A46 ;)
Let's be honest, nobody on here is going to be surprised when we win next week , after all, we're Glawster :D
TheOtherJonny
Vice-Captain
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.
Posts: 357  Location: Malvern Wells (most evenings and weekends) Cheltenham (office hours) Kingsholm (home fixtures)

Steve M 15 Sep 2020 07:19 am said..

TheOtherJonny wrote:Let's be honest, nobody on here is going to be surprised when we win next week

I will be ... :(
Steve M
Hall of Famer
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.

Lebowski 15 Sep 2020 07:23 am said..

Just a few weeks ago the universal view was the rest of this season is an opportunity for the new coaches to evaluate players, decide who fits their vision, get to know each other etc etc and results are very much of little significance. A couple of defeats and the usual silliness is back.

We lost a game which in the overall scheme of things probably means the square root of nothing. Seriously! :( :(
Lebowski
Dude

TheOtherJonny 15 Sep 2020 07:24 am said..

Lebowski wrote:Just a few weeks ago the universal view was the rest of this season is an opportunity for the new coaches to evaluate players, decide who fits their vision, get to know each other etc etc and results are very much of little significance. A couple of defeats and the usual silliness is back.

We lost a game which in the overall scheme of things probably means the square root of nothing. Seriously! :( :(

+1
TheOtherJonny
Vice-Captain
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.
Posts: 357  Location: Malvern Wells (most evenings and weekends) Cheltenham (office hours) Kingsholm (home fixtures)

MattChelt 15 Sep 2020 08:02 am said..

Some days it all goes right, and it's amazing.

Some days it all goes wrong, and it's a shambles. This was last night.

It's done, it's gone. 2 games left, both huge in terms of final league position (and ensuring we do finish in the top 8). I see the Barf game is now confirmed for 5.30pm next Tuesday (22nd).

Next!
MattChelt
Vice-Captain
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby