Bye then.

Re: Bye then.

Camel 15 Sep 2020 08:04 am said..

Deleted - Wrong thread!
Camel
Hall of Famer
"Remember that Rugby is team game; all 14 of you make sure that you pass the ball to Jonah"

colinboag 15 Sep 2020 08:49 am said..

Ferret, thanks
colinboag
Hall of Famer
Cherchez la truffe

MarcusRann 15 Sep 2020 12:57 pm said..

Excellent pep talks John/Colin. You should do a double act as motivational speakers/counsellors
MarcusRann
Hero in the making

Allez Glaws 15 Sep 2020 13:44 pm said..

Lebowski wrote:Just a few weeks ago the universal view was the rest of this season is an opportunity for the new coaches to evaluate players, decide who fits their vision, get to know each other etc etc and results are very much of little significance. A couple of defeats and the usual silliness is back.

We lost a game which in the overall scheme of things probably means the square root of nothing. Seriously! :( :(

Can't agree with that. Could have sealed Champions Cup qualification last night, put ourselves in pole position for 6th and therefore tier 3 seeding. Now means beating Saints on the final day is basically non-negotiable.
Allez Glaws
On the board

Baz 15 Sep 2020 14:17 pm said..

Last night had nothing to do with the ‘master plan’ George still has this and most of next season to get his own style etc. Anybody who thinks last nights performance was acceptable is deluded.
Baz
Hall of Famer

Ratley1977 15 Sep 2020 15:25 pm said..

As a fan until I die I am actually quite encouraged by last night. Our backs had a calamitous day at the office mistake after mistake, but we know what they can do and they will do it again. What I have been crying out for years for is an aggressive pack capable of getting parity or even bullying opponents and a scrum not going backwards giving away penalties at the opposition’s will. I see that in last nights performance.
Ratley1977
Academy prospect

Ratley1977 15 Sep 2020 15:27 pm said..

Oh and Polledri was the best player on that pitch by a mile. Moving him to 8 a master stroke.
Ratley1977
Academy prospect

robs1 15 Sep 2020 15:44 pm said..

we all have bad days at the office, and glos have had a few this year, but a real fan supports his team come what may, nobody likes us losing more tham me but the next game is a fresh start, unfortunately forums seem to attract doom and gloom merchants
robs1
Hall of Famer

radiorog 15 Sep 2020 17:32 pm said..

It is possible to be a "real fan" for many years and yet for a myriad of reasons fall out of love with following a club. In our case it's a combination of recurring under-acheivement, rising costs, family changes and the way professionalism has changed the game over the last few years. We've asked ourselves for the last three years if we should carry on and until this season the answer was always yes, but last February we decided against.

It was hard decision to walk away from something that has been part of our lives for so long, but if you're not enjoying it anymore why keep going?
radiorog
Academy prospect

Lebowski 15 Sep 2020 18:21 pm said..

I can understand that. All the best. :)
Lebowski
Dude
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby