Luds, Reid and the 7 shirt

Re: Luds, Reid and the 7 shirt

madders 16 Sep 2020 16:00 pm said..

You obviously have forgotten the Galway incident :oops:
madders
Hall of Famer
I’ve only ever been wrong once; l thought l was wrong, but l was wrong!

Nobbler23 16 Sep 2020 16:39 pm said..

Madders remind me what was the Galway incident?
Nobbler23
Vice-Captain

ryno_chelt 16 Sep 2020 20:33 pm said..

Nobbler23 wrote:Madders remind me what was the Galway incident?

A pointless very unnecessary penalty at a very crucial time....that ultimately lost us the game which made the Guinness taste much less delicious.

With that said, Luds is a great club man, does work hard and puts his body on the line. As with previous comments it depends on the conditions, a slug fest in the rain, I’d have Luds starting, a dried day that supports a bigger carrier and jackler, then Reid looks ideal. Let’s not forget that when Morgan returns, Polledri is predominately a 7 too.
ryno_chelt
On the board

Gloucester Mute 16 Sep 2020 20:47 pm said..

Polledri is a 6 or 8
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 2624  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County

jeppy89 16 Sep 2020 21:09 pm said..

ryno_chelt wrote:
Nobbler23 wrote:Madders remind me what was the Galway incident?

A pointless very unnecessary penalty at a very crucial time....that ultimately lost us the game which made the Guinness taste much less delicious.

Ruined the Guinness and ultimately cost us a quarter final.
jeppy89
Vice-Captain

jeppy89 16 Sep 2020 21:14 pm said..

Gloucester Mute wrote:Polledri is a 6 or 8

jeppy89
Vice-Captain

SirHenry 16 Sep 2020 22:09 pm said..

Italy have played Polledri at 7. Immensely strong over the ball and big ball carrier. I would put him above Ludlow on that position but then also at 6 or 8. When he 1st came into the side Ludlow played 6 and was superb. He has suffered from being required to play 7 due to our limitations there and surfeit of natural 6s which seems less his natural game.
SirHenry
Hall of Famer
The frightening thing is not dying, the frightening thing is not living

Ciren35 16 Sep 2020 22:25 pm said..

jeppy89 wrote:
Gloucester Mute wrote:Polledri is a 6 or 8

Spoof
Ciren35
Vice-Captain

ryno_chelt 16 Sep 2020 22:32 pm said..

SirHenry wrote:Italy have played Polledri at 7. Immensely strong over the ball and big ball carrier. I would put him above Ludlow on that position but then also at 6 or 8. When he 1st came into the side Ludlow played 6 and was superb. He has suffered from being required to play 7 due to our limitations there and surfeit of natural 6s which seems less his natural game.

Agree. I’d love to see Ludlow pack on 5kg of muscle and become a proper dogged enforcer type 6. He has the mentality.
ryno_chelt
On the board

DieTrying 16 Sep 2020 22:55 pm said..

With Parisse retired, I can see Jake moving to 8 for Italy. Going forward for Glos, I believe 6: Akermann, 7: Reid and 8: Polledri, is our best back Row. I don't believe Ludlow is not a Captain nor a good enough starting 7. Why? having watched the likes of Longstaff, Smith Stanley, Hazell to name a few a lot would of heard of, is the standard we need. With a bit more Premiership standard conditioning Reid is better.
DieTrying
aka John Neary
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby