Fans in the stadium

Re: Fans in the stadium

plod 15 Sep 2020 12:30 pm said..

I, too, think professional rugby is in great peril. If Premier League football is concerned, then rugby, where I would guess footfall is more important, will be in considerable difficulties should crowds be restricted as now.
plod
Hall of Famer

tigerchef 15 Sep 2020 14:17 pm said..

If we are going to survive, then it may need a different kind of thinking from the club. There are 7,134,434 shares in the club. No fans at the ground means that the club will lose £7,418,031 a season. If we do go bust, then MstQ asset will be the ground minus bank loans, which wont leave him with a lot. Why not issue shares to new investors, yes it will dilute his holding, but at least he will have an asset left. We can then invest and keep the club going.
tigerchef
Hall of Famer

Saint 15 Sep 2020 15:08 pm said..

I was not impressed with last nights experiment. Masks are a pain but if you ignore some people you might as well forget it, for some reason last night some offenders were invisible to stewards while others got immediate attention.

The toilets were a shambles, lack of cleaning materials and by the end of the night just a disgrace.

Hand sanitisation is key but once you walked past a few bottles at the entrance their were no stations anywhere.

In the face of a second wave I wouldn't go back until the club ups it's game.
Saint
Senior squad member

Severus 15 Sep 2020 15:11 pm said..

Remember that some people are exempt from wearing masks and it’s advised not to criticise someone for doing so. Perhaps the stewards were taking that advice.
Severus
Hall of Famer

ROLLO 15 Sep 2020 15:24 pm said..

I volunteer ar Worcester Cathedral and we have been told not to challange those not wearing a mask. So far I havn't seen anyone who isn't.
ROLLO
Hall of Famer

Gb83 15 Sep 2020 15:24 pm said..

Saint wrote:I was not impressed with last nights experiment. Masks are a pain but if you ignore some people you might as well forget it, for some reason last night some offenders were invisible to stewards while others got immediate attention.

The toilets were a shambles, lack of cleaning materials and by the end of the night just a disgrace.

Hand sanitisation is key but once you walked past a few bottles at the entrance their were no stations anywhere.

In the face of a second wave I wouldn't go back until the club ups it's game.

Give them feed back, they can learn from your experience.
Gb83
Hall of Famer

Chris Jones 15 Sep 2020 19:10 pm said..

What I just can’t understand is that in France (where infection rates are three times higher than ours in a land mass for times our size) their so say brilliant EU government is allowing 5000+ crowds for all football and rugby matches
Chris Jones
Vice-Captain

lovejoy 15 Sep 2020 19:17 pm said..

ROLLO wrote:I volunteer ar Worcester Cathedral and we have been told not to challange those not wearing a mask. So far I havn't seen anyone who isn't.

...as a gargoyle?
lovejoy
On the board

lovejoy 15 Sep 2020 19:18 pm said..

Chris Jones wrote:What I just can’t understand is that in France (where infection rates are three times higher than ours in a land mass for times our size) their so say brilliant EU government is allowing 5000+ crowds for all football and rugby matches

Pretty sure it’s a French government decision, rather than the EU but why not but the boot in anyway.? Who needs facts.
lovejoy
On the board

ROLLO 15 Sep 2020 19:23 pm said..

lovejoy I actually lie motionless on the tomb of King John and spring up when I see a vulnerable old lady.
ROLLO
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby