Fans in the stadium

Re: Fans in the stadium

Rugbydan 16 Sep 2020 15:58 pm said..

To help people make their decision perhaps the Government should rule that NHS support and beds will only be made available to over 70's and those with pre-existing conditions. It would make people think and certainly protect the NHS.[/quote]

Not sure I've ever heard anything so stupid!
Rugbydan
On a trial

stevieb 16 Sep 2020 16:33 pm said..

Steve M wrote:
ROLLO wrote: spring up when I see a vulnerable old lady.

Whatever turns you on ROLLO :lol:

Made me think of a Blackadder quote, "...the weakest practical joke since Cardinal Wolsey got his knob out at Hampton Court and stood at the end of the passage pretending to be a door..."
stevieb
Hall of Famer

Taipei_101 16 Sep 2020 16:45 pm said..

I think that wear a mask means wear a mask. The vast majority of people (probably 90%) with asthma or breathing difficulties are fine to wear one, according to a British asthma society spokesperson the other day after the incident on the aeroplane in Jersey.

Someone in such a high risk category really needs to question themselves if going to a rugby match is worth the danger for the time being.

If those discussed further up the thread were thinking about having a smoke or vape, then I'd suggest they were probably perfectly capable of wearing a face covering.

No mask. No entry. If you choose not to, let a willing fan go instead.
Taipei_101
Academy prospect

Asgard 16 Sep 2020 17:05 pm said..

Rugbydan wrote:To help people make their decision perhaps the Government should rule that NHS support and beds will only be made available to over 70's and those with pre-existing conditions. It would make people think and certainly protect the NHS.

Not sure I've ever heard anything so stupid![/quote]
Merely responding to stupid post suggesting people should assess their own risks. It was a somewhat sarcastic post from me - clearly too subtle for some.
Asgard
Hall of Famer

Taipei_101 16 Sep 2020 17:23 pm said..

Asgard wrote:
Rugbydan wrote:To help people make their decision perhaps the Government should rule that NHS support and beds will only be made available to over 70's and those with pre-existing conditions. It would make people think and certainly protect the NHS.

Not sure I've ever heard anything so stupid!

Merely responding to stupid post suggesting people should assess their own risks. It was a somewhat sarcastic post from me - clearly too subtle for some.[/quote]

Why not just enforce existing rules, plain and simple.
Taipei_101
Academy prospect

Asgard 16 Sep 2020 17:34 pm said..

Exactly. Covid cases are rising daily despite there being comprehensive rules in place - heaven only knows what the position would be if people were to make their decisions as quite a few on this site are suggesting to deal with economic and civil liberty issues.
Asgard
Hall of Famer

Beddis 16 Sep 2020 18:49 pm said..

A large number of GPs here in Ireland are refusing to write exemption notes excusing people from wearing masks. Their argument is that if wearing a mask is too dangerous, then that person shouldn’t be entering a shop or travelling on public transport regardless.

Sadly we have a growing bunch of idiots who think that mask wearing is a big conspiracy etc.
Beddis
Posts: 4378  Location: Malahide, Co Dublin. Formerly Lydney

madders 16 Sep 2020 19:11 pm said..

Here’s a thought. How long has the flu vaccine be around, and it’s 100% effective, right?
Wrong. Not 100% . People contract flu and die every year.
The idea was originally to “flatten the curve” so as not to overwhelm the NHS. Now any sign of people catching the virus is met with hysteria.
So are we to stay in COVID lockdown forever, while businesses close, people lose their jobs ,life isn’t normal and the Government keep borrowing to pay for it.

I hope not as the cure, to me, is worse than the illness.
madders
Hall of Famer
I’ve only ever been wrong once; l thought l was wrong, but l was wrong!

Beddis 16 Sep 2020 19:32 pm said..

But the thing is that this disease isn’t really anything like the flu. Yes it causes respiratory infections and can be fatal, thankfully our treatment options have become very good at saving lives and this will no doubt help in fighting flu itself in the future.

The main difference is the level of co-morbidity associated with Covid. My eyesight has been permanently damaged by it, so now I have to wear glasses all the time. I am one of the lucky ones in that this isn’t going to shorten my life only be an inconvenience that I would probably have later on in life anyway.

Others haven’t been quite so lucky, permanent lung damage, chronic fatigue, blood clotting issues, shingles, diabetes - these are the ones I have had experience with personally with friends or work colleagues and patients. None of these are associated with flu and all will have a huge cost to the health service for many years.

There is a very fine balance and unfortunately too many people take a far too simplistic view on it. Particularly those with little or no experience of the virus
Beddis
Posts: 4378  Location: Malahide, Co Dublin. Formerly Lydney

madders 16 Sep 2020 19:50 pm said..

Simplistic view? Umm.

I know Ireland has brought in even more draconian measures. This, with Brexit will probably ruin their economy.....l hope not as l have family there.
madders
Hall of Famer
I’ve only ever been wrong once; l thought l was wrong, but l was wrong!
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby