Fans in the stadium

Hall of Famer

Re: Fans in the stadium

16 Sep 2020 20:16 pm:

Asgard wrote:Exactly. Covid cases are rising daily despite there being comprehensive rules in place - heaven only knows what the position would be if people were to make their decisions as quite a few on this site are suggesting to deal with economic and civil liberty issues.

They are rising but hospitalisations aren’t rising in line nor are death rates as proven in Europe, which follow directly.

Decisions should link to economy, the knock on effect will be far more detrimental in future years.

We can’t forget the virus but we have to live with it and progress, not wait for a cure which doesn’t exist:
Hall of Famer

16 Sep 2020 21:47 pm:

Do, as I suggested NHS care should only be available to over 70's and those with pre- existing conditions. You pays your money and you take your chances. It would reduce unemployment and make Funeral Directors shares a "buy". It could also be a quick fix for the housing shortage.
Hall of Famer

17 Sep 2020 01:07 am:

Asgard wrote:Do, as I suggested NHS care should only be available to over 70's and those with pre- existing conditions. You pays your money and you take your chances. It would reduce unemployment and make Funeral Directors shares a "buy". It could also be a quick fix for the housing shortage.

Reading your "suggestion" a second time doesn't make it any the less ridiculous. The cost of your education was a complete waste. I assume you must also be a Trump supporter ??

If it was meant as deep satire (i really hope so) then please add a smiley of some sort - ;)
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

17 Sep 2020 08:18 am:

:lol: :D :) ;) :P :mrgreen:
People are great at making suggestions such as "let us decide" but only when someone is there with the sticking plaster.

The point I'm making is that it would be madness to let people use "common sense" when it's patently obvious there is little being displayed at present.
Hall of Famer

17 Sep 2020 08:30 am:

Hard to argue when you read of the early stories emanating from university cities and towns. To think they're frequented by the brighter proportion of youngsters is even more frightening.

I did look at the replays of crowd scenes from CG - quite a few weren't wearing their masks properly.

Why on earth not ?? Are they stupid ?? :roll: :roll:
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!

17 Sep 2020 08:39 am:

Bath v Gloucester 22Sep & Bears v Tiggers 30 Sep, are the next games allowing 1K in.
aka John Neary
Leg-end

17 Sep 2020 08:44 am:

DieTrying wrote:Bath v Gloucester 22Sep & Bears v Tiggers 30 Sep, are the next games allowing 1K in.

A ballot of season ticket holders and hospitality box holders and those fortunate to be chosen will have to pay £40 for their ticket.
Hall of Famer

17 Sep 2020 08:56 am:

[quote="Legendoft'Autostrada"

A ballot of season ticket holders and hospitality box holders and those fortunate to be chosen will have to pay £40 for their ticket.[/quote]

Now that really will test loyalty, it doesn’t sound like a good long term business decision to me. You can fool some of the people ——
Hero in the making

17 Sep 2020 09:33 am:

I think the B*** model is similar to the Quins one, ie. any season ticket refund will deduct the cost of the match ticket from your eventual refund - I may be wrong however.

The Government have put themselves into a bind in wanting to open up the economy and get kids back to school/college/university - meaning more people need tests, without planning properly for capacity or processing. Now cases are rising, is that due to more testing? Do more people have mild or asymptomatic cases than previously thought? We may find next week that the number of hospital admissions or deaths starts to rise - but if they don't does that suggest that the virus has changed?

I have no issue with the government enacting their 'Rule of six'; but it makes no bloody sense if you are allowing dozens of people to share a restaurant or a pub. This situation is unprecedented, so I do have sympathy for those in charge - every decision being made is about limiting the worst impacts while accentuating the good. However, due to a number of reasons it is clear that large swathes of the public don't care anymore or worse, don't trust those in power to make the right decisions.
Hall of Famer

17 Sep 2020 10:12 am:

SoP ... the rule of six also applies to pubs and restaurants. You should not be in a group of more than six in these settings and should be careful about "mingling".
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby