Fans in the stadium

Re: Fans in the stadium

17 Sep 2020 10:15 am:

It's a bit of everything Ed.

Schools, Colleges & Uni's are / have been returning over the last couple of weeks; easing of lockdown; some becoming complacent; more returning to work etc. All this contributes to more contact. The number of + cases in England in Sept is up bigtime, possibly over 150% in Sept.

More testing has & is being done, but the Labs doing the testing are now under workload pressure, this is where the bottleneck is now in getting the results back.

Other parts of the Country likely to go into a lockdown / curfew type arrangement, especially the North East of Eng, but possibly closer to Glos in South Wales, Caerphilly being a notable case. The Local Authority have to supply data and request lockdown from Central Gov, so it isn't necessarily the Gov imposing lockdown measures, but more responding to requests.

The North East are seeing the numbers of younger people with C-19 rise, but now also older generations too.
Hero in the making

17 Sep 2020 10:25 am:

Ken Burney wrote:SoP ... the rule of six also applies to pubs and restaurants. You should not be in a group of more than six in these settings and should be careful about "mingling".

Oh I know, more pointing out the stupidity of stopping people meeting in groups of more than 6; but allowing people who are in groups of 6 to then meet in a pub with potentially 10 other independent groups of 6 people already there too.

Hopefully the upcoming test events go well and we can get more people back in grounds sooner.
Vice-Captain
Location: Malvern Wells (most evenings and weekends) Cheltenham (office hours) Kingsholm (home fixtures)

17 Sep 2020 10:26 am:

Taipei_101 wrote:I think that wear a mask means wear a mask. The vast majority of people (probably 90%) with asthma or breathing difficulties are fine to wear one, according to a British asthma society spokesperson the other day after the incident on the aeroplane in Jersey.

Someone in such a high risk category really needs to question themselves if going to a rugby match is worth the danger for the time being.

If those discussed further up the thread were thinking about having a smoke or vape, then I'd suggest they were probably perfectly capable of wearing a face covering.

No mask. No entry. If you choose not to, let a willing fan go instead.

Wish we had a 'like' button Taipei :D
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.
Hall of Famer

17 Sep 2020 10:34 am:

Taipei_101 wrote:I think that wear a mask means wear a mask. The vast majority of people (probably 90%) with asthma or breathing difficulties are fine to wear one, according to a British asthma society spokesperson the other day after the incident on the aeroplane in Jersey.

Someone in such a high risk category really needs to question themselves if going to a rugby match is worth the danger for the time being.

If those discussed further up the thread were thinking about having a smoke or vape, then I'd suggest they were probably perfectly capable of wearing a face covering.

No mask. No entry. If you choose not to, let a willing fan go instead.

Although you miss a point with this, I assume you would wear tin foil on your head to stop the 5G beaming into your brain to make you more susceptible if the government told you to, there is just as little proof of this having any affect.

I don't wear a mask and won't wear a mask as I object to being forced to, before you scream about irresponsibility, I have not gone to pubs or restaurants (or to the game) and will not until such time as I want to.
Hall of Famer

17 Sep 2020 11:00 am:

shops?
Cherchez la truffe
Hall of Famer

17 Sep 2020 11:08 am:

I see that Bath have opted for the 'Open Air' East stand for their supporters at £40 / £30 a pop. Pity the forecast is only 20% chance of rain. :D

(For both trials the home side has lost - hopefully the trend will continue).
'He sent his men all over England' - William I Gloucester 1086
Hall of Famer

17 Sep 2020 11:33 am:

Ashton Gate with only a 1,000 fans, no problems with social distancing there. Does one size really fit all?
Hall of Famer

17 Sep 2020 11:48 am:

colinboag wrote:shops?

Nope, on-line and saving a fortune.
Academy prospect

17 Sep 2020 12:03 pm:

Sorry to shatter your delusions CGR but there is an abundance of evidence that wearing face masks can help prevent the spread of Covid. It's not going to completely eradicate transmission of the virus, but can be sufficient to mean that you and/or others don't receive as high an initial amount of the virus and therefore are much less likely be seriously ill. Dr John Campbell has covered this a number of times on his You Tube channel and he always posts full links to all the relevant research, so you can see for yourself.
Hall of Famer

17 Sep 2020 12:23 pm:

In science the words can and will are distinctly different and chosen carefully.
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby