Fans in the stadium

Vice-Captain

Re: Fans in the stadium

17 Sep 2020 12:29 pm:

Castle Grim Reaper wrote:I don't wear a mask and won't wear a mask as I object to being forced to, before you scream about irresponsibility, I have not gone to pubs or restaurants (or to the game) and will not until such time as I want to.

fair enough that you don’t go anywhere that needs one at the moment, but your reason for not doing so is frightening...

For an incredibly simple measure you can potentially save lives, what sort of person wouldn’t on a matter of principle?!... Check your head.

There are many small things we legally have to do to keep other people safe, which i am glad about
Hall of Famer

17 Sep 2020 12:37 pm:

Crasher wrote:
Castle Grim Reaper wrote:I don't wear a mask and won't wear a mask as I object to being forced to, before you scream about irresponsibility, I have not gone to pubs or restaurants (or to the game) and will not until such time as I want to.

fair enough that you don’t go anywhere that needs one at the moment, but your reason for not doing so is frightening...

For an incredibly simple measure you can potentially save lives, what sort of person wouldn’t on a matter of principle?!... Check your head.

There are many small things we legally have to do to keep other people safe, which i am glad about

Completely agree, this isn’t about choice it’s about being responsible and protecting yourself and others.

Fair enough if the poster doesn’t impact anyone and decides to isolate to avoid wearing a mask.

17 Sep 2020 12:50 pm:

CGR you are seriously deluded on the topic of face coverings. They do not protect you, they potentially protect others if the wearer is a carrier of this virus or other similar viruses.

Yes, it is well proven and documented.
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
Vice-Captain
Location: Malvern Wells (most evenings and weekends) Cheltenham (office hours) Kingsholm (home fixtures)

17 Sep 2020 12:52 pm:

King Prawn Bhuna wrote:CGR you are seriously deluded on the topic of face coverings. They do not protect you, they potentially protect others if the wearer is a carrier of this virus or other similar viruses.

Yes, it is well proven and documented.

Again, wish I had a 'like' button ;)
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.
On the board

17 Sep 2020 13:09 pm:

"I don't wear a mask and won't wear a mask as I object to being forced to"

So I take it you also don't pay tax, don't use money, don't drive on the left?

What an ignorant and selfish attitude to hold.
Vice-Captain

17 Sep 2020 13:22 pm:

Clearly a delicate and contentious subject, but the sheer amount of conflicting information on what is not required one day but then is the next, creates doubt in my mind.

Without going into too much detail, I had to lead project in my company in April that was focused on securing ear-loop masks for the employees (160k employees globally )
The findings from the various companies that we interacted with indicated that only a FFP 2/3 mask would offer meaningful protection and whilst the conventional ear-loop masks have a high BFE rating (98%), these would offer no meaningful protection against C-19 virus particles.

The initial advice from the WHO was that face masks were not deemed necessary, yet now, it’s deemed mandatory in most countries- so what’s changed ?

Being a cynical man in his early 50’s, I take umbrage that there are a lot a companies out there making huge amounts of money for masks that could easily be categorised as placebos

17 Sep 2020 13:24 pm:

Allez Glaws wrote:"I don't wear a mask and won't wear a mask as I object to being forced to"

Read the full statement before ranting. ( I have not gone to pubs or restaurants (or to the game) and will not until such time as I want to ).
aka John Neary
Hall of Famer

17 Sep 2020 13:31 pm:

We are heading for a rabid libertarian political thread ....again.
Vice-Captain

17 Sep 2020 13:48 pm:

If only there was a 'Not Rugby' forum on here.
On the board

17 Sep 2020 13:49 pm:

DieTrying wrote:
Allez Glaws wrote:"I don't wear a mask and won't wear a mask as I object to being forced to"

Read the full statement before ranting. ( I have not gone to pubs or restaurants (or to the game) and will not until such time as I want to ).

That's entirely irrelevant. I haven't used a hospital for over ten years, does that mean I don't need to pay tax/national insurance?
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby