Fans in the stadium

Hall of Famer

Re: Fans in the stadium

22 Sep 2020 11:37 am:

Castle Grim Reaper wrote:A simple question, in the game at Kingsholm Glaws came out through the tunnel as usual and their opponents had to go out the front door, along the side of the stand and on to the pitch, why :?

Weren't they getting changed in a tent rather than the usual changing rooms so presumably that was the most direct route to the pitch?
Keyser Sose

22 Sep 2020 11:56 am:

No fans allowed tonight
Hall of Famer

22 Sep 2020 12:07 pm:

The ban on fans comes in on October 1st so Tarquin has just got this wrong, admittedly though if you believed it was the crisis the government is claiming they would not have announced bringing it in in two weeks time :oops:

22 Sep 2020 12:25 pm:

Castle Grim Reaper wrote:The ban on fans comes in on October 1st so Tarquin has just got this wrong, admittedly though if you believed it was the crisis the government is claiming they would not have announced bringing it in in two weeks time :oops:

Nope: The Govt suspended all " trials" and has delayed the proposed changes that were due on 01Oct.
aka John Neary
Hero in the making

22 Sep 2020 12:34 pm:

Not good news for anyone this. Think before the Quins game MSQ said we need 8000 through the gate.

This is going to have a huge impact on sports clubs from the top level to grassroots.

22 Sep 2020 12:51 pm:

Hall of Famer

22 Sep 2020 12:52 pm:

Phil W wrote:Not good news for anyone this. Think before the Quins game MSQ said we need 8000 through the gate.

This is going to have a huge impact on sports clubs from the top level to grassroots.

Not good at all, the trials are probably safe based on that we haven’t heard any horror stories so far but the government has to get across that behaviour has to be changed.

I’m not sure changing pub hours will have that great an impact though, people will start earlier or carry on at their mates, there isn’t enough police to watch everyone.
Hall of Famer
Location: Sent to Coventry - Well someone's got to live here!

22 Sep 2020 13:14 pm:

Gb83 wrote:
Not good at all, the trials are probably safe based on that we haven’t heard any horror stories so far but the government has to get across that behaviour has to be changed.

I’m not sure changing pub hours will have that great an impact though, people will start earlier or carry on at their mates, there isn’t enough police to watch everyone.

I suspect the reasoning behind this, is that it's the type of venues that get busy late on are the ones where lack of distancing etc. are most prevalent. If people carry on at home, the rule of six applies, so at least mingling has been reduced. That's the theory, I suspect, but does rather presume people don't go back for a house party. :roll:
Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems. - Homer Simpson.
Hall of Famer

22 Sep 2020 13:20 pm:

covglaws wrote:
Gb83 wrote:

I suspect the reasoning behind this, is that it's the type of venues that get busy late on are the ones where lack of distancing etc. are most prevalent. If people carry on at home, the rule of six applies, so at least mingling has been reduced. That's the theory, I suspect, but does rather presume people don't go back for a house party. :roll:

Agreed, let’s hope it works and people do follow the guidance.
Hall of Famer

22 Sep 2020 14:37 pm:

If we do not get a reasonable number of supporters into grounds for the new season, I fear that the cliff edge will have appeared. I do not see much government support at at cost to the tax-payer ( you and me ) as theatres etc would have to be included. Apart from Lansdowne, who will also have to support Bristol City, and maybe Craig the consequences for other clubs will be in my view, massive pay cuts /deferal for players or close the doors. Soccer , cricket etc., equally affected. As for clubs lower down the chain I have no idea.
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby