Jake Polledri

Hall of Famer

Re: Jake Polledri

17 Sep 2020 21:41 pm:

“ The British & Irish Lions is a rugby union team selected from players eligible for any of the Home Nations – the national teams of England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland.”

Whilst Jake was once eligible for England he is now capped for Italy and is ineligible for any home nation therefore ineligible for the Lions.
On the board

18 Sep 2020 11:31 am:

Am I really reading a debate about whether an Italian international is eligible for the British and Irish Lions? :lol: :?

18 Sep 2020 13:38 pm:

A British passport holding & UK Citizen Italian international ;) :roll:
Vice-Captain
Location: Malvern Wells (most evenings and weekends) Cheltenham (office hours) Kingsholm (home fixtures)

18 Sep 2020 13:48 pm:

Allez Glaws wrote:Am I really reading a debate about whether an Italian international is eligible for the British and Irish Lions? :lol: :?

Any news on that 'like' button? :roll:
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.
Site Admin

18 Sep 2020 13:58 pm:

watch this space - going to trial something very soon..
Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...
On the board

18 Sep 2020 14:44 pm:

Can we have a ‘like’ button for Jake Polledri?

Would it be the first (and probably last) thing that all Wedshebbers would agree on?

He was awesome on Monday. Yes his carrying is immense but he also works hard at the breakdown and is an option in the line out. I’d have him at 8 over Vunipola, Hughes and Faletau at the moment.
Hall of Famer

18 Sep 2020 20:34 pm:

He could stop playing for Italy for 3 years, apply to play for Great Britain in the Olympics and then be eligible to Play for England and The Lions.
Hall of Famer

19 Sep 2020 09:47 am:

There has to be something wrong when players born in New Zealand can play for the Lions yet a Bristol boy can’t.
Shows what a mockery the rules are imho.
I’ve only ever been wrong once; l thought l was wrong, but l was wrong!
Hall of Famer

19 Sep 2020 09:52 am:

Never heard of residency rules and/or dual-nationality Madders ??

I assume you and your family are all from the Forest of Dean and never been further than Chepstow or Gloucester ??
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

19 Sep 2020 09:58 am:

Stander, Payne, Barritt, Maitland, Tuilagi , Te'o, Court, Stevens, Flutey, Vunipola - everyone a proud B&I Lions player :D
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby