More old pics....

Hall of Famer

Re: More old pics....

19 Sep 2020 10:24 am:

robs1 wrote:
Nobbler23 wrote:Tombys in the background one of our best ever signings, absolute class centre, perfect foil for Terry.
I still wear my Eagle Star shirt to some games, I wish I had paid the extra for the playing weight version, couple of my mates bought it brilliant.
For the very old playing weight isn't a fag, that was Player's Weights, another of my old favourites.

When tombsy was playing we never seemed to have a problem at restarts he caught it and always made ground and set the ball back, great player

I remember a flick-on pass against London Irish - I think they were playing at the Stoop?) We were hammered but Tombsy was sublime.
Previously Mark from Stroud
Hall of Famer

19 Sep 2020 10:46 am:

Tombs and Fanuloa, what a pairing. Tombs made the gap and Terry went through it, l think against Cardiff Terry’s opposite made one attempted tackle, got such a clattering, he never went near him again.
Those were the days; we were at home against Cardiff in the 2001 HC, who were expected to win. They didn’t know what hit them. Sublime.
Just checked my facts, it was Jason Little at 12 that day. Oops.
I’ve only ever been wrong once; l thought l was wrong, but l was wrong!
Hall of Famer

19 Sep 2020 10:53 am:

Madders, one of my favourite ever wins, anybody got a link to a match video ?
Vice-Captain

19 Sep 2020 12:49 pm:

I still have the report from the Times for the game, has been in my wallet since, can't read most of, but starts with something like, " Here is today's word, heart, Gloucester's team collected from all parts of the world, played with the effectiveness of a bunch of stray dogs from the Gloucester council estates" .
Thought about it during the Exeter game.
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby