Like/Dislike buttons

Re: Like/Dislike buttons

18 Sep 2020 23:34 pm:

Hmm, took a screenie but can't post it using the Img tab. Basically the L/ DL buttons should on the far left, immediately below the "line" underneath my post.
aka John Neary
Hall of Famer

19 Sep 2020 00:26 am:

IMHO an unnecessary gimmick that SW doesn't really need.

Plus what on earth is a "cookie" ??
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!

19 Sep 2020 00:32 am:

Gloucester Mute wrote:IMHO an unnecessary gimmick that SW doesn't really need.

It's happening, get over it. It's the way it is, like it or not.
aka John Neary
On the board

19 Sep 2020 06:05 am:

If it cuts down on the number of +1 posts and quote copies then I'm all for it.
Hall of Famer

19 Sep 2020 06:06 am:

Strange bedfellows sometimes - I’m with Mute on this one - a pointless addition to the Forum.
Hall of Famer

19 Sep 2020 06:14 am:

I don’t think a like button is pointless at all. I would suggest removing the dislike button though.
Site Admin

19 Sep 2020 06:36 am:

WW - Thanks for the feedback, the buttons are inserted into the page by a script that runs from likebtn.com, so the immediate thing that comes to mind is that the script isn’t running, possibly. This could be down to restrictions on what is allowed to run managed by your browser settings, try having a look at the settings as suggested here:

https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/ ... ipt/chrome

TP17 - interesting idea, I guess there is a mechanism already for reporting posts that cross the line and that might be enough.. anyone else have any thoughts on that?
Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...
Hero in the making

19 Sep 2020 06:40 am:

A welcome addition IMHO. Just catching up with the site after Monday’s debacle (I couldn’t bring myself to read it for a few days) and on occasions I am questioning which button I should press! Whilst I am in agreement with posts that have been written, I do NOT “like” the content!

As an example, if the post said “If Gloucester play like that next season, it will be 12th place and relegation!” - I would agree but not like.

Oh more difficult decisions in my life :shock: ;)
my real name is Nigel Williams, in my 50s, behind the posts in the Stowford
Hero in the making

19 Sep 2020 06:41 am:

TP17 wrote:I don’t think a like button is pointless at all. I would suggest removing the dislike button though.

I’d agree. I think the ‘dislike’ button might dissuade new or occasional posters to publish messages.
Hero in the making

19 Sep 2020 07:11 am:

Why not let it run as a three months trial and see how folk feel at the end of that period.? It is not mandatory to activate either of the buttons - you can just read the text. Change is always a challenge!!
West is best
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby