Like/Dislike buttons

Hall of Famer

Re: Like/Dislike buttons

19 Sep 2020 07:28 am:

GammoGlos wrote:If it cuts down on the number of +1 posts and quote copies then I'm all for it.

+1
First team regular

19 Sep 2020 07:32 am:

Message for admin ...

Still no buttons visible for me.
I have checked Chrome browser settings and Javascript is enabled.
First team regular

19 Sep 2020 07:35 am:

I’m with TP17 and Coleser on this. By all means have a Like button if we must but not a Dislike one.
Hall of Famer

19 Sep 2020 07:47 am:

Not sure why there are objections to the dislike button whereas the like button is acceptable? To my mind, if you have a like button it seems only equitable to have a dislike button too. Either or both can be ignored or used to say how you feel about a post. Having lots of likes or dislikes shouldn’t mean a poster is swayed by the reaction and either write more or stop posting. We’re all adults and should be able to take a thumbs up or thumbs down much more easily than having keyboard warriors writing a response that at times can be rude and tactless.
If the world was a really rational place, it would be men that would ride side saddle
Site Admin

19 Sep 2020 08:01 am:

Gloucester Mute wrote:IMHO an unnecessary gimmick that SW doesn't really need.

Plus what on earth is a "cookie" ??

F4602C0C-0A42-40EB-8F6C-E389129F35D9.jpeg
Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...
Hall of Famer

19 Sep 2020 09:26 am:

Thanks James. Have to be honest I read it twice and it was like a crash-course in learning Serbo-Croat in a day. Double-Dutch and none the wiser !!
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

19 Sep 2020 10:24 am:

Surprised ALT hasbt come up with a poem for this yet!
Keyser Sose
Hall of Famer

19 Sep 2020 10:34 am:

'He sent his men all over England' - William I Gloucester 1086
Hall of Famer

19 Sep 2020 15:53 pm:

I’m finding that I like a post, go to a different topic, then go back the like has gone.

It doesn’t seem to be saving likes/dislikes. Logged on when doing so.
Site Admin

19 Sep 2020 16:53 pm:

I don’t think it’s saving your votes into the cookie yet, something I need to look at when I get a sec..
Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby