European Rugby Return

Vice-Captain

Re: European Rugby Return

19 Sep 2020 15:45 pm:

I would disagree FT, launched himself high looking for the big hit. Arms wrapped around the neck on the way down. O'Driscoll summed it up nicely i thought, World Rugby are trying to phase out those kind of tackles. In my view, it was a high unnecessary hit. A cheap shot
Hall of Famer

19 Sep 2020 15:49 pm:

plod wrote:Didn’t Cipriani get sent off for a tackle like that?

Not really. Cips was making very much a defensive tackle with the player coming at him.
Rhodes was making an offensive tackle on a near static player. Wholly different dynamics.
Hall of Famer

19 Sep 2020 15:49 pm:

That is a heck of a performance from Sarries!
Vice-Captain

19 Sep 2020 15:50 pm:

Brutal defence from Saracens, so suffocating
Hall of Famer

19 Sep 2020 15:54 pm:

Gritty performance by Sarries, thoroughly deserved the victory.
The artist formerly known as Porky
Hall of Famer

19 Sep 2020 15:58 pm:

Ben Carter wrote:I would disagree FT, launched himself high looking for the big hit. Arms wrapped around the neck on the way down. O'Driscoll summed it up nicely i thought, World Rugby are trying to phase out those kind of tackles. In my view, it was a high unnecessary hit. A cheap shot

Nope, didn't start high, only the right arm slipped, the left stayed bound through the tackle. We see it differently, that happens.
BoD is sickeningly biased when the wheel him out to co coms on Leinster matches
Hall of Famer

19 Sep 2020 16:51 pm:

Sarries game plan seemed to be a throw back to the time they played at Watford. High box kicks with a good chase and starting their defence in the opponents half. Great kicking skill from Wigglesworth and well drilled chasers.
Hall of Famer

19 Sep 2020 17:06 pm:

Whatever your feelings towards Sarries some of the descriptions of their victory as an upset or win for the underdog feel a little wide of the mark. They are still 3 times champions.
Keyser Sose
Turns out for the A team

19 Sep 2020 17:24 pm:

For those that quote the salary cap etc. Leinster play within the rules set by the Pro14/IRFU, there is a possibility that if Saracens had played within the rules of the salary cap set in England over the last 5 or 6 years that they wouldn't have qualified for the cup itself!!
Hero in the making

19 Sep 2020 17:32 pm:

Racing beating Clermont 24-8 at half time.
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby