Just for fun :lol:
Hero in the making

Re: Poll: The new Like/ Dislike functionality

19 Sep 2020 10:51 am:

Never been first to cast a vote before!
On the board

19 Sep 2020 20:20 pm:

King Prawn Bhuna wrote:Just an observation that one or two posts that are just informative with no opinion are be given dislikes...Strange behaviour.

The novelty will wear off but I am enjoying the dislike button :D
Hall of Famer

19 Sep 2020 23:38 pm:

What's the etiquette then? If someone posts information e. g. Played X is injured or won't feature in an upcoming game , is it OK to dislike the post to indicate this is not welcome news?
The frightening thing is not dying, the frightening thing is not living
Hall of Famer

20 Sep 2020 04:33 am:

SirHenry wrote:What's the etiquette then? If someone posts information e. g. Played X is injured or won't feature in an upcoming game , is it OK to dislike the post to indicate this is not welcome news?

I suppose twitter etiquette applies and liking a post doesn’t necessarily mean you like what is being said, rather you appreciate the contribution to the discussion.
Site Admin

20 Sep 2020 07:20 am:

It will vary per post, so is contextual to a degree.. it’s just meant to be an indicator of your sentiment relative to an assertion made in a post.

It just means you can register your reaction to a post without having to post a reply.

I guess the value is for the OP (original poster) to then see how others chimed with their assertion.

Some people like to know that they are swimming in the same direction as everyone else.. some people don’t care less about their place in the group dynamic and won’t go near it, and a small minority will go out of their way to contrive a result, for their own reasons..

No likey, no likey-dislikey.
Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...
On the board

20 Sep 2020 13:00 pm:

shedwebadmin wrote:It will vary per post, so is contextual to a degree.. it’s just meant to be an indicator of your sentiment relative to an assertion made in a post.

It just means you can register your reaction to a post without having to post a reply.

I guess the value is for the OP (original poster) to then see how others chimed with their assertion.

Some people like to know that they are swimming in the same direction as everyone else.. some people don’t care less about their place in the group dynamic and won’t go near it, and a small minority will go out of their way to contrive a result, for their own reasons..

No likey, no likey-dislikey.

No likey, no lighty :D
Hall of Famer

20 Sep 2020 14:12 pm:

Likely,likely Holly Golightly.
'He sent his men all over England' - William I Gloucester 1086

Return to Gloucester Rugby