Bath on Tuesday.

Hall of Famer

Bath on Tuesday.

19 Sep 2020 10:58 am:

No not a thread on my personal hygiene regime but a chance for the lads to redeem themselves after the Quins debacle.
Do we stick with the stars who were awful on Monday or the “second string” who showed real dawg against Chiefs?
I would love to see some of those at Sandy Park given a chance at the Rec.
A backrow of Polledri,Ackermann and Reid would be scary and a place for Seabrook and Hudson would be deserving. Similarly some “stars” might like to get their heads sorted by watching from the stands.
I’ll put my tin hat on now and wait for the fall out.
I’ve only ever been wrong once; l thought l was wrong, but l was wrong!

Re: Bath on Tuesday.

19 Sep 2020 11:29 am:

A good question.....Bath will want a W and so will Glaws....I'd tinker with the backs so that LRZ isn't fullback and I'd look at starting Chapman or Simpson and would be good to see Matias start. Think I'd rest Reid and just to upset Mute start Lloyd Evans :D :D :D
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
Hall of Famer

19 Sep 2020 12:32 pm:

Toughy this one, personally I think we were onto something with the team selection but it needed tweaking.

Simpson and 36 work well off Cipriani, after last week we cannot risk them being the so-called "game changers".

I'm also not convinced of the fullback position for LRZ, either.
In Skivington we Trust, the future is Cherry & white
Senior squad member

19 Sep 2020 12:36 pm:

I'd be tempted to go with the same side fundementally, they've had 8 days to sort their sh!t out. Chance to redeem themselves.

Changes I would make is Reid to 7 (start), Ruan to 6 and 36 at 12.

Maybe Simpson at 9..

I'd perservere with the back 3. We get that right with a bit of practice and it would rinse teams.
Hall of Famer

19 Sep 2020 13:17 pm:

I would keep most from the Quins games as despite the fumbles and silly passes we were massively on top of them. I would bring in Ruan for Ludlow and switch JM and LRZ. If available I would have WH start and JS on the bench, otherwise JS starts with either of the youngsters on the bench.
If the world was a really rational place, it would be men that would ride side saddle
Hall of Famer

19 Sep 2020 13:40 pm:

I really don’t think this a game for LRZ at full back. Priestland is kicking brilliantly at the moment and could really expose him. Spencer is also one of the best box kickers in the league so I wouldn’t want to move JM either. If Woodward is still out I’d bring Hudson in for this one.

VRR
Singleton
Balmain
Alemanno
Garvey (cap)
Ruan
Reid
Polledri
Simpson
Cipriani
Thorley
Trinder
May
Hudson

Mulipola
Marais
Stanley
Slater
Ludlow
Varney
Harris
LRZ
Hall of Famer

19 Sep 2020 18:26 pm:

If I had one wish for this game - it would be to see someone else at 15. If Skivington want to get them all onto the pitch - try Thorley at 13.
Hall of Famer

19 Sep 2020 21:03 pm:

Looking forward to the Shedweb meltdown when Ludlow is named at 7 and captain already!!! ;)
Ken Smith (once upon a time Mr Realistic)
Hall of Famer

19 Sep 2020 21:28 pm:

Albert Einstein is widely credited with saying, "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results."
I’ve only ever been wrong once; l thought l was wrong, but l was wrong!
Hero in the making

20 Sep 2020 00:47 am:

LRZ and Thorley on the wings and May at fullback... Jonny is top class under a high ball and well experienced in this position. Assuming that Woodward is still injured, of course.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something." ~ Plato
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby