England Training squad

Hall of Famer

Re: England Training squad

05 Oct 2020 10:56 am:

Fair play to them all, being involved in the England set up will bring them on and develop their game even fitter.

You can really see that in Thorley since being included in wider squads.

I have been critical of Ludlow in the past but made sure I kept my opinion to myself since there start, since then I think he has played well, I’d still prefer a scavenger but may be Eddie can add that to his game.

Clements looks like he could be a great player for us, really physical.
Hall of Famer

05 Oct 2020 11:45 am:

As the squad is made up from only half the premiership it's hard too draw too many conclusions from but hope the lads in the squad use the time to learn from it as much as possible!
Keyser Sose
Turns out for the A team

05 Oct 2020 11:57 am:

An updated squad will be confirmed ahead of England’s next training camp from Thursday 15 to Saturday 17 October.

05 Oct 2020 12:09 pm:

Well done to those selected, whatever happens from here on they'll hopefully improve and they are on EJ's radar - up to them now to put their best feet forward.
Hall of Famer

05 Oct 2020 14:41 pm:

BomberWells wrote:Didn't expect that!

Delighted for Ludlow in particular, seems like coaches rate him a lot higher than a number of fans

I think a lot of that is because he is quietly doing all of the dirty work in the breakdown which people don’t see but this is the sort of thing that lets the line of Jake and Ruan concentrate on what they do best.

Many of the penalties he is criticised for are probably calculated and deliberate in some cases. You look at Itoje for example he will give penalty after penalty away pushing his luck until he sees the ref has had enough but those penalties disrupt and slow the opposition.
Hall of Famer

05 Oct 2020 14:43 pm:

Regrettably there is a player who is as English as I am Japanese.
Hall of Famer

05 Oct 2020 14:58 pm:

Plod, I can't bothered looking it up, who is it?
Vice-Captain

05 Oct 2020 15:03 pm:

David Ribbans I assume.
Hall of Famer

05 Oct 2020 18:54 pm:

Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:As the squad is made up from only half the premiership it's hard too draw too many conclusions from but hope the lads in the squad use the time to learn from it as much as possible!

Agreed and I expect a lot of "lesser names" to feature in the Barbarians fixture , maybe v Italy and certainly v Georgia. From my perspective what a great opportunity to widen the talent pool.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

05 Oct 2020 18:59 pm:

plod wrote:Regrettably there is a player who is as English as I am Japanese.

I didn't know that you moved to Japan nearly 4 years ago Plod and so gain residential status from a World Rugby perspective. Congratulations !! ;)
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby