England Training squad

Turns out for the A team

Re: England Training squad

05 Oct 2020 20:15 pm:

I thought young Ruan may have got an opportunity, especially as a cap would have tied him to England. How long will he hang around. Japan calling??
Hall of Famer

05 Oct 2020 20:34 pm:

Wonder what plods thoughts would have been if Ruan had been selected?
Hall of Famer

05 Oct 2020 20:52 pm:

werdj wrote:I thought young Ruan may have got an opportunity, especially as a cap would have tied him to England. How long will he hang around. Japan calling??

Is he eligible yet?
Keyser Sose
Turns out for the A team

06 Oct 2020 05:04 am:

I thought Ackerman Senior said Ruan was staying as he would soon be eligible and he wanted to see if he was in EJ's plans.
Hall of Famer

06 Oct 2020 05:50 am:

I don’t think Willie Heinz or Ruan should be England internationals - the clue is in the name - England internationals.
Senior squad member

06 Oct 2020 08:20 am:

You must hate the Vunipolas
Hall of Famer

06 Oct 2020 08:32 am:

Along with all the other players qualified via residency rules ie; New Zealand, Australia, Japan + all the 6N's teams. ;)
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!

06 Oct 2020 08:42 am:

Surprised not to see VRR selected, thought his scrummaging has been excellent since the restart and is also great around the park as well. With Vunipola not hitting the heights of a few years ago and Marler being injured, I would have liked to see him given a go

06 Oct 2020 08:45 am:

Quite Mute.

Some Countries, in particular Ireland and Scotland, have had specific projects to bring overseas players in where they are lacking depth in certain positions.

England benefit from overseas players more than most because of the size of the playing opportunity and attraction of financial benefits etc.
Plenty have Welsh parents / grandparents, or in the likes of Dean Richards, Corry, Hazell, they had Welsh qualifications but were English.

The key question is: are they are eligible under the current rules, which is something that can't be said of players in the past.

What I do find unpalatable however is where a player comes to the UK, plays for a club, qualifies for a national team, plays for a few years, but then goes "home" once his player career is over.
Hall of Famer

06 Oct 2020 08:48 am:

Totally agreed Lewi.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby