England Training squad

Hero in the making

Re: England Training squad

15 Oct 2020 20:11 pm:

The excellent Ollie Lawrence from Woos has made the squad. Great news for him and Rollo. Now to sign him for Glaws...
Hall of Famer

15 Oct 2020 21:01 pm:

Do you think Eddie just picks one in form player who everyone thinks should be in the mix and decide not to pick them just to bleep with everyone! :lol:
Keyser Sose
Hall of Famer

16 Oct 2020 06:56 am:

The Spencer thing is a bit odd to me. Clearly in great form and has had a huge impact on Bath’s change of results. EJ must be seeing something we’re not. His call though
Last edited by Graham Cartmell on 16 Oct 2020 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The older I get the faster I was. Used to be known as Peanutcoxy
Hall of Famer

16 Oct 2020 08:33 am:

But Tom de Glanville has made the cut ?
Vice-Captain

16 Oct 2020 09:42 am:

As someone whose formative years were spent supporting Gloucester in the 1970s and 80s it feels very odd that we've got three backs in the training squad but not a proper hairy-arsed forward in sight (and I say that having spent my playing career doing everything possible to stay away from the goings on in that nefarious world).
Not sure what the likes of Messrs Sargent, Gadd, Orwin, Preedy, Mills , Boyle, Fidler (snr), Blakeway, Teague, Brinn, Longstaff, Smith etc etc would make of it all.
Hall of Famer

16 Oct 2020 10:08 am:

Williams of Northampton over Spencer? Madness.
The artist formerly known as Porky
On the board

16 Oct 2020 10:18 am:

Didn't want to start a new thread but it seems that the game against the Baa-Baas is in essence going to be England vs Sarries... currently 11 players named in the squad
I appreciate travel restrictions etc given current climate but seems a little naff to me
Hall of Famer

16 Oct 2020 13:03 pm:

MarcusRann Ollie is with us for another two years ( at least ) as is Ted Hill who has also made the squad. I accept that you are entitled to plan ahead :D Agree with others about Spencer although he had a poor second half againts Sarries and not an especial game in the semi final. Still a good player.
I guess these two camps are to run the rule over players and check on some's progress.
Vice-Captain

17 Oct 2020 15:12 pm:

Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:Do you think Eddie just picks one in form player who everyone thinks should be in the mix and decide not to pick them just to bleep with everyone! :lol:

On the good, the bad and the rugby earier this week (I think), Hask made a comment about Eddie and his selections, saying that whilst on the outside it may look a bit random, he spends ages considering who should be in the squad, based on a number of factors including personality fit, stage of the season, form and much more.

18 Oct 2020 10:28 am:

Well, EJ has won grand slams; he's taken Aus & Eng to RWC finals - many years apart; he was part of the SA winning team in 2007; he improved Japan big time. Selection is always subjective anyway, but EJ is a top coach and has a decent enough track record.
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby