Rob Burrow

Re: Rob Burrow

14 Oct 2020 15:02 pm:

Himself, QPB ordered him to buy it ;)

Let's get back to the purpose of this thread please - the devastating effect MND has; that there is no real known reason why someone contracts it; how to treat it and finally how to cure it.

Am I correct (& yes I could look it up but I want to continue this subject by more people reading and posting) that the great Joost VDW also succumbed to MND ?

Ken Waters, Welsh hooker with 1 cap also has it.

14 Oct 2020 15:19 pm:

Apologies, this is a very serious subject, I have a Godson/nephew who plays at Northern and has a lot to do with Falcons and Doddie'5 fundraising so please support any of the activities that he or RB put their names to, should you stumble across them.

Good point about JVDW that was one of the first high profile rugby players again such a sad sight when he was at a match (Twickenham?) compared to seeing him at his finest.

Have taken your advice Lewi ...and 5 minutes has showed me how ignorant I am on another topic as well as rugby....recommend Google and YouTube
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
Turns out for the A team

14 Oct 2020 15:37 pm:

Lewi7 wrote:Himself, QPB ordered him to buy it ;)

Let's get back to the purpose of this thread please - the devastating effect MND has; that there is no real known reason why someone contracts it; how to treat it and finally how to cure it.

Am I correct (& yes I could look it up but I want to continue this subject by more people reading and posting) that the great Joost VDW also succumbed to MND ?

Ken Waters, Welsh hooker with 1 cap also has it.

On 4th February 2017Joost van der Westhuizen was admitted to the Intensive Care Unit at the Fourways Life Hospital in Johannesburg where he was placed on a ventilator. He died at his home in Johannesburg surrounded by his family on Monday, 6th February 2017, at the age of 45.
On the board

14 Oct 2020 17:48 pm:

I think you've let yourself down a little bit Pilgrim Master. People are dyslexic, bad at spelling and just make mistakes. I don't think it's appropriate to raise such issues on a thread such as this. I don't think you're being particularly argumentative, but have probably just had a bad day.
If it's wet, drink it.
Turns out for the A team

14 Oct 2020 18:16 pm:

I think you've let yourself down a little bit Pilgrim Master. People are dyslexic, bad at spelling and just make mistakes. I don't think it's appropriate to raise such issues on a thread such as this. I don't think you're being particularly argumentative, but have probably just had a bad day.[/quote]

It was me that made the spelling mistake. I did not check before I posted. :roll:
Turns out for the A team

14 Oct 2020 18:19 pm:

Pilgrims Master wrote:I think you've let yourself down a little bit Pilgrim Master. People are dyslexic, bad at spelling and just make mistakes. I don't think it's appropriate to raise such issues on a thread such as this. I don't think you're being particularly argumentative, but have probably just had a bad day.

It was me that made the spelling mistake. I did not check before I posted. :roll:
Hero in the making

14 Oct 2020 18:27 pm:

It was a very humbling watch. MND is a horrible disease and it was very hard watching someone who not all that long ago was at the height of the game go through this battle. But Rob's spirit and fight are inspiring.
On the board

14 Oct 2020 18:57 pm:

It was me that made the spelling mistake. I did not check before I posted. :roll:[/quote]

Apologies Pilgrim
If it's wet, drink it.
Turns out for the A team

14 Oct 2020 19:00 pm:

Neilio44 wrote:It was me that made the spelling mistake. I did not check before I posted. :roll:

Apologies Pilgrim[/quote]

Thank you. Much appreciated.
First team regular

14 Oct 2020 19:09 pm:

As a retired medic having seen almost the whole range of diseases to die from then I’d choose MND as the very worst. Absolutely nothing can be done about it.
Far worse than cancer.. but it’s cancer charities that get the money.
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby