Harry Randall

Hall of Famer

Harry Randall

14 Oct 2020 18:26 pm:

An interesting piece by John Westerby in The Times today. Which side of the Severn Bridge will choose him, if good enough?
He’s as English as me by the way, born in England of English parents.

Re: Harry Randall

14 Oct 2020 19:06 pm:

and therin lies the pantomine of current national qualification !!!!!
Hall of Famer

14 Oct 2020 19:43 pm:

Chalker wrote:An interesting piece by John Westerby in The Times today. Which side of the Severn Bridge will choose him, if good enough?

He obviously has a Welsh grandparent/s though. Do you ?? It's within the WR Eligibility Rules and therefore I'm not sure why it's such a big deal as long as it's legal. Any of our Welsh viewers care to comment ??
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!

14 Oct 2020 20:37 pm:

Do they no longer apply whatever Gatland’s law became...? In which case he’d have to leave Brizzle to qualify.
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
Hall of Famer

14 Oct 2020 21:17 pm:

Gloucester Mute wrote:
Chalker wrote:An interesting piece by John Westerby in The Times today. Which side of the Severn Bridge will choose him, if good enough?

He obviously has a Welsh grandparent/s though. Do you ?? It's within the WR Eligibility Rules and therefore I'm not sure why it's such a big deal as long as it's legal. Any of our Welsh viewers care to comment ??

I’m not sure the Welsh grandparent/s is obvious? No, both mine were English too. I have never lived in Wales, which may explain the difference. Good luck to him either way although I will still be English.
Hall of Famer

14 Oct 2020 22:09 pm:

???? :? :? :? :?
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Senior squad member

15 Oct 2020 05:37 am:

He lived in Wales for 14 years prior to going to Hartpury and represented Wales U16. I think that's enough for him to qualify for Wales imo.
Hall of Famer

15 Oct 2020 05:44 am:

I wish young Harry luck but am uncertain he is good enough to become an international. If he does make the grade, the choice of Wales seems entirely right.
The artist formerly known as Porky
Hall of Famer

15 Oct 2020 08:10 am:

No question: get in that red jersey. Know what I mean, 'Arry?
(I was born in Wales, as were my parents and grandparents, and/although I've lived in England for most of my life.
Still awaiting the call-up, although I'm not actually holding my breath any more... ;) )
Site Admin

15 Oct 2020 12:15 pm:

What would you rather be, a big fish in a small pond, or a small fish in a big pond?

One perspective might be that if he only ever got 10 England caps, he's earned more than a long run in the red jersey.. and it's probably worth more to his CV and future earnings to have the rose on it..

Sharks don't know camels exist.
Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby