UPDATE MND Fundraiser - My name'5 Doddie

Hall of Famer

15 Oct 2020 14:59 pm:

The thread on Rob Burrow got me thinking (actually yourrealname's comment got me thinking)

Last year I walked 1711 miles to raise funds for my choir (Gloucester Choral Society).

This year, I have walked 1400 miles and have set a target of 1800 miles by 16th December 2020. I have decided to raise money for My Name'5 Doddie to help find a cure for MND - this is my fundraising page:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Allen-Prior

I've kicked it off with £50 of my own.

Please consider supporting my small effort to help.
Last edited by Allen Prior on 23 Oct 2020 09:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
The artist formerly known as Porky

Re: MND Fundraiser - My name'5 Doddie

15 Oct 2020 16:22 pm:

If any of your walking happens to be in the Coventry/Warks area let me know....and I can get a few more to tag along. All the best...
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
Hall of Famer

15 Oct 2020 16:30 pm:

Not planning that KPB - I stick within Gloucestershire. I am planning a walk from Kingsholm to Sharpness and back as part of the total effort.

Thanks for your support too!
Hall of Famer

15 Oct 2020 17:58 pm:

You have my support and a donation forthcoming.
A mate has MND, Mike Crisp a fine outside half for Cheltenham and a great guy. He also has a young child and is very inspirational how he’s taken it head on. Anything that raises money I’m happy to help.
Good man
Hall of Famer

15 Oct 2020 18:18 pm:

Not1eyed wrote:You have my support and a donation forthcoming.
A mate has MND, Mike Crisp a fine outside half for Cheltenham and a great guy. He also has a young child and is very inspirational how he’s taken it head on. Anything that raises money I’m happy to help.
Good man

So many people are affected by this awful thing. Thanks for your support and good luck to Mike.
Hall of Famer

16 Oct 2020 00:34 am:

Allen Prior wrote:Not planning that KPB - I stick within Gloucestershire. I am planning a walk from Kingsholm to Sharpness and back as part of the total effort.

Let me know when you plan to do this, as you are invited to lunch on my boat in Sharpness.
Hall of Famer

16 Oct 2020 03:23 am:

tigerchef wrote:
Allen Prior wrote:Not planning that KPB - I stick within Gloucestershire. I am planning a walk from Kingsholm to Sharpness and back as part of the total effort.

Let me know when you plan to do this, as you are invited to lunch on my boat in Sharpness.

Much appreciated - my plans are still very loose, however, so the long walk may go somewhere else.

The "long walk" element is now likely to be from Kingsholm to Six Ways but I will keep everyone updated.
Hall of Famer

23 Oct 2020 09:08 am:

First - thanks to all Shedwebbers who have donated so far. I am at 22% on my £1800 target this morning and at 1467 miles (only 333 to hit my target of 1800 by 16/12/20).

THE BIG ONE
On Monday 26th October 2020, I will be walking a marathon distance (just over 26 miles) with a close friend and fellow Gloucester Rugby supporter. We start at 6am.......

We will leave our beloved Kingsholm and walk through the great city of Gloucester and down the Gloucester/Sharpness Canal to the Slimbridge Wetland Centre, at which point we will turn round and walk back to Kingsholm (probably via The Bell at Frampton on Severn - seems rude not to!).

My fellow athlete (!) is Simon McGill, who also walked with me last year on our long walk. Simon is President of the Insurance Institute of Cheltenham & Gloucester again this year - a top bloke in so many ways.

Remember the cause we are supporting is “My name’5 Doddie” a charity set-up by the great Doddie Weir to raise funds to find a cure for Motor Neuron Disease from which he suffers.

If you can support me, I would be very grateful
https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Allen-Prior

Re: UPDATE MND Fundraiser - My name'5 Doddie

23 Oct 2020 09:12 am:

Well done Allen.

Is this the same Simon that fell and broke his ankle leaving Cheltenham Racecourse a few years ago ?

Re: UPDATE MND Fundraiser - My name'5 Doddie

23 Oct 2020 09:49 am:

Always a good night out at the institute dinners over at the racecourse in the early 80s......quite a reputation back in the day. I heard a very funny tale one year being told....one thing funnier was the look on the bloke’s face when I told him it was me he was talking about :oops: :oops: :oops:
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby