Bristol vs Toulon

Hall of Famer

Re: Bristol vs Toulon

20 Oct 2020 07:49 am:

The artist formerly known as Porky
Vice-Captain

20 Oct 2020 08:00 am:

And the key loan signings of Malins and Earle have been massive for Bristol. Not sure whether they are going back to Saracens or staying put or being replaced ............salary cap???
First team regular

20 Oct 2020 08:11 am:

Chris Jones wrote:And the key loan signings of Malins and Earle have been massive for Bristol. Not sure whether they are going back to Saracens or staying put or being replaced ............salary cap???

They were signed for the 20/21 season on loan, but because of CoVid and the delays they arrived for the end of this one (with Sinckler and Radradra). Contract renewals and the cap is going to get tougher but (according to Tainton) we will still be under next season plus we now get the 25% discount on salarys applied as well. So should be enough there to poach Willis from Wasps.... :D
Vice-Captain

20 Oct 2020 08:37 am:

But if they do stay Malins and Earle will be on high salaries that have to be paid by Bristol. I also understand that they will also have to “lose” one of their £800k+ marquee players.

As for the 25% reduction (for 3 years!!) in the calculations, in my view that was a loophole that made a mockery of the Commission’s report
First team regular

20 Oct 2020 09:23 am:

Chris Jones wrote:But if they do stay Malins and Earle will be on high salaries that have to be paid by Bristol. I also understand that they will also have to “lose” one of their £800k+ marquee players.

Earl and Malins both signed long term deals with Sarries prior to the loans, so I'd not expect them to stay. We have to lose one, but the marquees don't affect the cap. I think Myners suggested that they (marquees) be got rid of but can't remember if the clubs agreed or not.

Chris Jones wrote:As for the 25% reduction (for 3 years!!) in the calculations, in my view that was a loophole that made a mockery of the Commission’s report

I'd not argue with that.
Hall of Famer

20 Oct 2020 10:18 am:

We're well passed the time where contracts are being fully honoured. If Malins or Earls decided they felt their future was best placed at Bristol then I am sure they could get it worked out between both parties.
Keyser Sose
Hall of Famer

20 Oct 2020 10:27 am:

Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:We're well passed the time where contracts are being fully honoured. If Malins or Earls decided they felt their future was best placed at Bristol then I am sure they could get it worked out between both parties.

Or similarly if they turned their back on Bristol and Sarries and wanted to play for us! :D
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby