Joe Marler

Hall of Famer

Joe Marler

16 Oct 2020 13:00 pm:

Just read his book, Loose Head. Thoroughly recommend it, especially the bits about his mental health struggles. A good read which will change a few people’s views of him. The Dean Ryan ‘cockslap’ anecdote is remarkable
Cherchez la truffe
Hall of Famer

Re: Joe Marler

16 Oct 2020 15:41 pm:

Also, his podcast is worth a listen - not your typical 'rugby bloke' podcast at all.
On a trial

16 Oct 2020 17:35 pm:

If you get a chance the audio book is worth a listen just for his impressions
Hall of Famer

16 Oct 2020 20:43 pm:

t*****.
I’ve only ever been wrong once; l thought l was wrong, but l was wrong!
Hall of Famer

16 Oct 2020 21:12 pm:

What a delightful post!
Hall of Famer

17 Oct 2020 06:49 am:

The return of the troll - lovely
Cherchez la truffe
Hall of Famer

17 Oct 2020 12:19 pm:

Can’t remember a post he/she’s made that’s positive; sad really that they only post to get a reaction.
The older I get the faster I was. Used to be known as Peanutcoxy
Hall of Famer

17 Oct 2020 13:22 pm:

TBF he’s claimed every England qualified Glos player should be picked instead of the incumbent, completely independent of any merit or otherwise. That’s positive in a limited way.
Formerly Sky blue
Vice-Captain
Location: Malvern Wells (most evenings and weekends) Cheltenham (office hours) Kingsholm (home fixtures)

19 Oct 2020 11:09 am:

madders wrote:t*****.

Playing Devil's Advocate, forums are designed to generate discussion and all who partake have an opinion. Madders thinks Marler is a t***** (I thinks I have translated that correctly?) and is, of course, entitled to his opinion. I would suggest, however, that such a generic and damning statement should be underpinned with some reasoning? Maybe? Just saying....... At least it is engendering discussion though! :roll:
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.
Hall of Famer

19 Oct 2020 11:18 am:

I would agree TOJ.

Madders is quite within his rights to criticise an individual BUT 1) maybe his choice of words could be better 2) justify why he thinks same.

Madders' non-stop denigration of England/EJ before and at RWC19 was ridiculous because he gave no alternative ideas/reasoning just abuse. It ended up simply making Madders look like a complete t***** !! ;)
Last edited by Gloucester Mute on 19 Oct 2020 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby