Bristol could still win the premiership

Hall of Famer

Re: Bristol could still win the premiership

16 Oct 2020 18:37 pm:

Is it April 1st?
First team regular

19 Oct 2020 13:10 pm:

Four more cases at Wasps - https://www.wasps.co.uk/news/update-fro ... 9-testing/

Exter won't know who they're playing until Wednesday.
Hall of Famer

20 Oct 2020 05:51 am:

I've heard a suggestion that the final MUST go ahead because of the money involved ("the TV companies have paid huge sums and will demand a game"). All well and good but I believe the PRL will bring the game into disrepute if they replace Wasps with Bristol for said final and heaven help us if Bristol go on to win the title.
The artist formerly known as Porky
First team regular

20 Oct 2020 08:18 am:

I want Wasps and Exe to play the match, anything else is unfair and makes a bit of mockery of the whole season.

However, after a decade of "Bris knew the rules of the play offs" from Exe fans gloating about winning promotion (after Bris topped the league) it would be funny if Bris beat them.
Vice-Captain

20 Oct 2020 08:43 am:

I understand how BT being the one who pays the piper can call the tune but I really don't agree or am happy with the situation.

I have never liked play offs to decide a league competition and would suggest that for player welfare reasons the playoff system is re-evaluated for future seasons.

Given the number of fixtures in a season and with the prospect of smaller squads for economic reasons It would be logical to me to drop playoffs.

There may be a drop in fan income with fewer games but not having competitive matches wouldn't prevent more friendlies would it if clubs felt the need?

I hope Wasps can get a side out and that Exeter win.

20 Oct 2020 10:34 am:

Would this impact the EPCR rankings with Exeter and Bristol being first and second :D :D :D Or do we have the farcical potential of English champions being in with the 3/4th seedings.
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby