Champions Cup Final

Hall of Famer

Re: Champions Cup Final

17 Oct 2020 20:00 pm:

glawsteruk wrote:Quite embarassed to read some of the comments on this thread. Oh, how I wish Gloucester could play successful, winning rugby. Exeter are a credit to English rugby and the West Country. That was a great final and as is usual on these occasions , was won by the smallest of margins. Instead of sniping at their supposed boring and limited style perhaps we should learn from them and then maybe we might see a bit more silverware in an ever diminishing trophy cabinet

No reason to be embarrassed and by the way I don't snipe merely expressing an opinion of how I see it.
Hall of Famer

17 Oct 2020 20:03 pm:

Imagine if one day Gloucester were so boring, I mean clinical and successful!

I’ve said it before on here but sport is about winning first, style second. Those saying they prefer how we play are kidding themselves.
Hall of Famer

17 Oct 2020 20:05 pm:

Herefordpropforward wrote:I have posted on this ad nauseam . Rugby is a game for players , former players and for those who appreciate the inner workings. Exeter are a highly successful club who play effective rugby. For those who want to watch endless entertainment go and follow something like soccer.

That doesn’t even make sense. If anything football is far less eventful
Vice-Captain

17 Oct 2020 20:10 pm:

GB83 wrote:Imagine if one day Gloucester were so boring, I mean clinical and successful!

I’ve said it before on here but sport is about winning first, style second. Those saying they prefer how we play are kidding themselves.

Perhaps next time we're enjoying a flowing Gloucester move, which more often than not seems to end in a turnover, we'll remember how a successful side like Exeter keeps possession and go on to win games.
Hall of Famer

17 Oct 2020 20:14 pm:

glawsteruk wrote:
GB83 wrote:Imagine if one day Gloucester were so boring, I mean clinical and successful!

Perhaps next time we're enjoying a flowing Gloucester move, which more often than not seems to end in a turnover, we'll remember how a successful side like Exeter keeps possession and go on to win games.

Fingers crossed we learn and change our game plan. The play at all costs isn’t going to win us much other than the odd try of the week.
Hero in the making

17 Oct 2020 20:32 pm:

Both teams were outstanding today and full credit must go to exeter who have been tested big time in both the semi and the final, stuck to their game plan and won through. We could only but dream of a pack like that
Hall of Famer

17 Oct 2020 20:34 pm:

Brilliant game - delighted for Exeter.

I've said this many times but Owens is a very average ref.
Hall of Famer

17 Oct 2020 21:09 pm:

Totally disagree. I think NO is the best ref around - maybe even better than Barnes. It’s Funny how we all see things differently.
If the world was a really rational place, it would be men that would ride side saddle
Hall of Famer

18 Oct 2020 06:00 am:

Lurker wrote:Totally disagree. I think NO is the best ref around - maybe even better than Barnes. It’s Funny how we all see things differently.

I suppose that is the frustrating/great (depending on how you look at it) part of rugby. The rules are very complex and can be interpreted in many different ways. I think the one thing you like from a ref is consistency in decisions which the best refs do. I thought Owens was pretty good yesterday although I thought exeter got away with one in the last 10 when they turned over racing on their line. For me it was a clear entry from the side of the ruck to turn the ball over but to he fair to Owens he allowed quite a few turn overs similar during the game.
Hall of Famer

18 Oct 2020 06:16 am:

It is clear that Exeter have been the most consistent team this year and deserve what they have achieved.
What I can’t understand is why in an effort to nullify Chiefs main form of attack clubs don’t try and keep them in their own half.
When defending your own line kick it to half way not try and run out. A turn over or line out you are in trouble.
We saw Racing defence pressing hard and it was effective at times but one slip and Slade boots the ball onto 5 metre line and we know what happens next.
Defending try line is hard work with no room for error.
Easy for me in front of tele, well done to Exeter and well played Racing nearly did it.
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby