Where will Gloucester finish this season 20/21?

Where will Gloucester finish this season 20/21?

WInners
3
2%
2nd
1
1%
3rd
2
1%
4th
7
4%
5th
15
9%
6th
32
20%
7th
21
13%
8th
21
13%
9th
16
10%
10th
16
10%
11th
10
6%
Bottom
18
11%
 
Total votes : 162

Hall of Famer
Posts: 1711

Re: Where will Gloucester finish this season 20/21?

09 Jan 2021 16:11 pm:

Bump

So who are the other eight trolls who have joined me in the plastic fan club?
Hall of Famer
Posts: 2733
Location: South Oxfordshire

Re: Where will Gloucester finish this season 20/21?

09 Jan 2021 16:14 pm:

tigerchef wrote:Bump

So who are the other eight trolls who have joined me in the plastic fan club?


Yup. Had been more optimistic with 7th but . . . .
Tuffty

"The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
User avatar
On the board
Posts: 911

Re: Where will Gloucester finish this season 20/21?

10 Jan 2021 16:28 pm:

tigerchef wrote:Bump

So who are the other eight trolls who have joined me in the plastic fan club?


“Plastic Fan” for saying we’re poor is such a nonsense phrase.

If we we stopped supporting them on that basis sure.

But not many have said that.
User avatar
On the board
Posts: 905

Re: Where will Gloucester finish this season 20/21?

10 Jan 2021 17:00 pm:

I said 10th and I stick to that. I feel we will just scrape out of relegation place by the time the season ends. Obviously I will be delighted if we finish higher.
Lockdown apathy has taken hold.
Hall of Famer
Posts: 2623

Re: Where will Gloucester finish this season 20/21?

10 Jan 2021 17:07 pm:

Tumpy+1 wrote:I said 10th and I stick to that. I feel we will just scrape out of relegation place by the time the season ends. Obviously I will be delighted if we finish higher.


Watching the Irish game, I think they look better than we do and warriors already have 2 wins.

I can see us getting routed to the bottom, we were really poor during the autumn games and can see it happening again during the 6 nations.

I think I said 8th or 9th but I really can’t see where a win is coming from.
On the board
Posts: 961

Re: Where will Gloucester finish this season 20/21?

10 Jan 2021 17:30 pm:

It's interesting to see the league table on the Premiership Rugby official site. We are bottom (12th) but in the five positions above us, 6th to 11th, the clubs have all been awarded Covid points.
On the board
Posts: 863
Location: Malvern

Re: Where will Gloucester finish this season 20/21?

10 Jan 2021 17:58 pm:

At least one of the Worcester wins was from covid I believe but they looked pretty handy against Northampton at times. I don't think there's much between the sides. Today I renewed my season ticket, I think we have a good structure in place and am hopeful for the future. Personally, I hope the European games are canceled next week and we can regroup after a tough set of fixtures. The next run of games are crucial, but a win or two will help morale and league position immensely
Hall of Famer
Posts: 2140

Re: Where will Gloucester finish this season 20/21?

10 Jan 2021 18:00 pm:

GB83 wrote:
Tumpy+1 wrote:I said 10th and I stick to that. I feel we will just scrape out of relegation place by the time the season ends. Obviously I will be delighted if we finish higher.


Watching the Irish game, I think they look better than we do and warriors already have 2 wins.

I can see us getting routed to the bottom, we were really poor during the autumn games and can see it happening again during the 6 nations.

I think I said 8th or 9th but I really can’t see where a win is coming from.


I'm not sure. Our pack has improved and we shouldn't lose many there? Our Argentinians should still be here shouldn't they? As long as we don't pick up any more injuries I think we could win a couple during the internationals (if they go ahead)
Hall of Famer
Posts: 2452

Re: Where will Gloucester finish this season 20/21?

10 Jan 2021 18:16 pm:

Well our last game of this season is at Sixways. The memory of the last time I was there for the final game is etched in my memory. If we are in a death struggle with Wuss in June, I'm not sure I could go through that again.
www.fumblings.net
Hall of Famer
Posts: 4983

Re: Where will Gloucester finish this season 20/21?

10 Jan 2021 18:45 pm:

To stay sane, you have to accept us for what we are, the Newcastle United of rugby. A big, passionately supported club that pretty much wins bugger all.

It makes moments like that glorious day at Twickenham in 2003 all the more special.
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby