Where will Gloucester finish this season 20/21?

Where will Gloucester finish this season 20/21?

WInners
2%
2nd
1%
3rd
1%
4th
4%
5th
9%
6th
20%
7th
13%
8th
13%
9th
10%
10th
10%
11th
6%
Bottom
11%

Total votes : 162

Hall of Famer

Re: Where will Gloucester finish this season 20/21?

11 Jan 2021 13:07 pm:

Fat Taff wrote:To stay sane, you have to accept us for what we are, the Newcastle United of rugby. A big, passionately supported club that pretty much wins bugger all.

It makes moments like that glorious day at Twickenham in 2003 all the more special.

And what a day! Just hope that we don’t have to wait another 18 years!
Tuffty

"The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
Hall of Famer

11 Jan 2021 13:22 pm:

Tbf since then you will have seen Gloucester in 4 Challenge Cup finals including 3 of the last 6 with a record of won 2, lost 2.

Some times we do forget the success we have had over the years.
Keyser Sose
On the board

11 Jan 2021 15:44 pm:

There is no doubt that the table doesn't lie and we are where we are because of results. Having said that, the clubs occupying the five positions above us have all been awarded Covid points of varying amounts and may not have got anything had they fulfilled their fixture(s). In addition, we have Tigers rising to 6th position without playing a game and being awarded four points. Whatever way I look at it, it somehow doesn't look or feel right to me and leaves a bad taste in my mouth. With the way things are in the country right now, some sort of decision needs to be made and to be made soon. I'm not a great fan of ring-fencing but my personal opinion is that relegation should be suspended, not permanently but maybe just for this season and then be reviewed again then. It's not because I support the team at the bottom of the table either; it's because a club's future, and that of it's players and staff, should not be threatened due to other clubs not being able to fulfill their fixtures or others not having any opposition to play. There is also the clear fact that clubs who have played all their fixtures have increased player fatigue and possible long term injuries, while Covid-affected teams have their players resting up and remaining injury free. The more you think about it, the more involved and ludicrous it becomes. It's time for some decisions to be made.
Hall of Famer

11 Jan 2021 16:34 pm:

the covid points bother me too - however, I do wonder if they would bother me quite as much if we were sitting in the top part of the table :o
If the world was a really rational place, it would be men that would ride side saddle

11 Jan 2021 18:32 pm:

Quite so. Whatever way to analyse the table with or without covid points we are bottom because we have lost 5 games and only picked up 1 bp in that process. No one else has been that crap!!!!
Hero in the making
Location: Alicante Province, within easy reach of the airport......!

12 Jan 2021 14:59 pm:

I fully expect - on the games we have played - to finish 12th. PRL will then say 'Oh, how tragic for you... you signed up to this so tough tomali's'..... If, say, Leicester or Wasps finish 12th, I expect PRL to say 'This cannot happen.... Lets ringfence this season'.....
If ringfencing were going to happen, I thin it would have happened. Surely the stuffed shirts at PRL can see the unfolding unfairness in the covid points fiasco...!
Hall of Famer

12 Jan 2021 15:05 pm:

CMGC wrote:Quite so. Whatever way to analyse the table with or without covid points we are bottom because we have lost 5 games and only picked up 1 bp in that process. No one else has been that crap!!!!

We have been crap but it's hard to tell how crap a team is when they're sitting at home doing nothing.
Hall of Famer

12 Jan 2021 16:30 pm:

vitesse wrote:I fully expect - on the games we have played - to finish 12th. PRL will then say 'Oh, how tragic for you... you signed up to this so tough tomali's'..... If, say, Leicester or Wasps finish 12th, I expect PRL to say 'This cannot happen.... Lets ringfence this season'.....
If ringfencing were going to happen, I thin it would have happened. Surely the stuffed shirts at PRL can see the unfolding unfairness in the covid points fiasco...!

Someone not following the wise words of Mystic Mute.
Never Stay Down.
Hero in the making
Location: Alicante Province, within easy reach of the airport......!

12 Jan 2021 16:45 pm:

foresterinyorks wrote:
vitesse wrote:I fully expect - on the games we have played - to finish 12th. PRL will then say 'Oh, how tragic for you... you signed up to this so tough tomali's'..... If, say, Leicester or Wasps finish 12th, I expect PRL to say 'This cannot happen.... Lets ringfence this season'.....

Someone not following the wise words of Mystic Mute.

Is that that the same as Septic Peg..?
Hall of Famer

12 Jan 2021 16:48 pm:

Love it.
Never Stay Down.
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby