Eng v Ire

Eng v Ire

17 Nov 2020 18:08 pm:

Seems like Ollie may get a start this W/E given the squad that is out. Eng looking strong nd with a good looking potential bench. I anticipate Ford, OF, Slade, with OT and JM on the wings.
Hall of Famer

Re: Eng v Ire

17 Nov 2020 18:33 pm:

Should be a cracking team - hopefully with some more zip to add to the grunt !!
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

17 Nov 2020 18:44 pm:

I’ll believe it when I see his name on the team sheet! God knows what Eddie has planned.

17 Nov 2020 18:46 pm:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/54975286

England training squad:
Backs: Elliot Daly, Owen Farrell, George Ford, Jonathan Joseph, Ollie Lawrence, Max Malins, Jonny May, Dan Robson, Henry Slade, Ollie Thorley, Ben Youngs

Forwards: Tom Curry, Tom Dunn, Ben Earl, Ellis Genge, Jamie George, Jonny Hill, Maro Itoje, Joe Launchbury, Lewis Ludlam, Kyle Sinckler, Will Stuart, Sam Underhill, Billy Vunipola, Mako Vunipola

& Ireland news: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/54974315

I'm looking forward to this match.
Hall of Famer

17 Nov 2020 19:27 pm:

I can see Ollie not even making the bench if everyone is fit as I see the backs as Youngs, Ford, Farrell, Slade, May, Joseph and Daly with Robson, Malins and Lawrence on the bench. That said I am not sure how fit everyone is or if EJ would through Ford straight back into start. I remain hopeful however.
Ken Smith (once upon a time Mr Realistic)
Hall of Famer

17 Nov 2020 22:52 pm:

Those backs do excite me. Just need a running game plan to let them loose rather than just kicking the bejesus out of the ball for 80 minutes.
Tuffty (Andy Kershaw)

"The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson

17 Nov 2020 23:27 pm:

Don't understand the pessimism ?? Last week was the obvious chance to experiment with players and now Ej has 2/3 decent games to test the team. So given Ford is a slight ? he has picked an extra centre to cover for Ford/ OF. Mallins is the hybrid 10/12 to drop if all are fit.
Lets wait and see !!!
Hall of Famer

18 Nov 2020 07:08 am:

Ludlam in place of Willis?

18 Nov 2020 08:17 am:

Will be happy if OT gets a game , even happier if he plays v Leicester. Hope he gets what he wants....
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
Hall of Famer

18 Nov 2020 08:34 am:

Thor will only be on the bench if Ford isn't fit I'd imagine.

Anyway doesn't this kick off at 3pm on Saturday (the same time as us)? I know which one I'll be watching...
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby