Eng v Ire

Eng v Ire

17 Nov 2020 18:08 pm:

Seems like Ollie may get a start this W/E given the squad that is out. Eng looking strong nd with a good looking potential bench. I anticipate Ford, OF, Slade, with OT and JM on the wings.
Hall of Famer

Re: Eng v Ire

17 Nov 2020 18:33 pm:

Should be a cracking team - hopefully with some more zip to add to the grunt !!
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

17 Nov 2020 18:44 pm:

I’ll believe it when I see his name on the team sheet! God knows what Eddie has planned.

17 Nov 2020 18:46 pm:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/54975286

England training squad:
Backs: Elliot Daly, Owen Farrell, George Ford, Jonathan Joseph, Ollie Lawrence, Max Malins, Jonny May, Dan Robson, Henry Slade, Ollie Thorley, Ben Youngs

Forwards: Tom Curry, Tom Dunn, Ben Earl, Ellis Genge, Jamie George, Jonny Hill, Maro Itoje, Joe Launchbury, Lewis Ludlam, Kyle Sinckler, Will Stuart, Sam Underhill, Billy Vunipola, Mako Vunipola

& Ireland news: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/54974315

I'm looking forward to this match.
Hall of Famer

17 Nov 2020 19:27 pm:

I can see Ollie not even making the bench if everyone is fit as I see the backs as Youngs, Ford, Farrell, Slade, May, Joseph and Daly with Robson, Malins and Lawrence on the bench. That said I am not sure how fit everyone is or if EJ would through Ford straight back into start. I remain hopeful however.
Ken Smith (once upon a time Mr Realistic)
Hall of Famer

17 Nov 2020 22:52 pm:

Those backs do excite me. Just need a running game plan to let them loose rather than just kicking the bejesus out of the ball for 80 minutes.
Tuffty

"The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson

17 Nov 2020 23:27 pm:

Don't understand the pessimism ?? Last week was the obvious chance to experiment with players and now Ej has 2/3 decent games to test the team. So given Ford is a slight ? he has picked an extra centre to cover for Ford/ OF. Mallins is the hybrid 10/12 to drop if all are fit.
Lets wait and see !!!
Hall of Famer

18 Nov 2020 07:08 am:

Ludlam in place of Willis?

18 Nov 2020 08:17 am:

Will be happy if OT gets a game , even happier if he plays v Leicester. Hope he gets what he wants....
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
Hall of Famer

18 Nov 2020 08:34 am:

Thor will only be on the bench if Ford isn't fit I'd imagine.

Anyway doesn't this kick off at 3pm on Saturday (the same time as us)? I know which one I'll be watching...
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby