Eng v Ire

Dude

Re: Eng v Ire

18 Nov 2020 18:19 pm:

I don’t get the obsession with Daly. He’s a very good player but IMO not so outstanding that he has to be on the pitch come what may. We have better options on the wing. I’d have him on the bench every time because of his versatility but I think we have better starting options in every position.
Hall of Famer

18 Nov 2020 20:46 pm:

CMGC wrote:Of course it might just be that EJ has at 10
Ford
OF
Cips????
Umaga
Smith
and then possibly a rookie in Simmonds

At 8 he has
Billy V
Hughes
Willis
Dombrandt
Wilson
and then maybe Simmonds who whilst clearly a very good player has the luxury pf playing behind one of the best packs in Europe.

He can't play them all and keep some continuity.

Heineken cup and premiership winning captain, "rookie" Simmons.
Hall of Famer

18 Nov 2020 20:57 pm:

Fat Taff wrote:
CMGC wrote:Of course it might just be that EJ has at 10
Ford
OF
Cips????
Umaga
Smith
and then possibly a rookie in Simmonds

At 8 he has
Billy V
Hughes
Willis
Dombrandt
Wilson
and then maybe Simmonds who whilst clearly a very good player has the luxury pf playing behind one of the best packs in Europe.

He can't play them all and keep some continuity.

Heineken cup and premiership winning captain, "rookie" Simmons.

Simmonds would have had the most high level club exposure of the 10’s this past season, however I don’t see the need to break the Ford Farrell partnership.

It works well, they’ve played together at all levels. Eddie has said how much impact Ford has on the squad on and off of the pitch.

England have great options and tough decisions have to be made.
Hall of Famer

18 Nov 2020 21:07 pm:

I agree Leb, would have Watson ahead every time. Just not sure Thorley good enough under the high ball at present.
Hall of Famer

19 Nov 2020 11:09 am:

No place for OT:

England: Daly; Joseph, Lawrence, Slade, May; Farrell (capt), Youngs; M Vunipola, George, Sinckler, Itoje, Launchbury, Curry, Underhill, B Vunipola.

Replacements: Dunn, Genge, Stuart, Hill, Earl, Robson, Ford, Malins.
Hall of Famer

19 Nov 2020 11:11 am:

Bad luck Ollie. Hang in there son.

Does this mean he might be released back for some game time OR will the Covid-19 protocols stop any player movement ?? I would assume the latter.....
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!

19 Nov 2020 11:14 am:

Gloucester Mute wrote:Bad luck Ollie. Hang in there son.

Does this mean he might be released back for some game time OR will the Covid-19 protocols stop any player movement ?? I would assume the latter.....

I believe all Squads are in a "bubble" for the Tournament duration.
aka John Neary
Hall of Famer

19 Nov 2020 11:14 am:

Gloucester Mute wrote:Bad luck Ollie. Hang in there son.

Hopefully the former (of course), especially if the likes of Ewels, Willis et al play for their clubs this weekend.
Hall of Famer

19 Nov 2020 11:18 am:

Naturally I’m hugely disappointed for Ollie. But what business does George Ford have in that squad, especially when (23 year old European and domestic double winning captain) Joe Simmonds is available? Maddening.
Hall of Famer

19 Nov 2020 11:20 am:

That'll be the George Ford who got England to a World Cup final at fly half. Think he's earnt Eddie's trust at this point.
Keyser Sose
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby