Eng v Ire

Hall of Famer

Re: Eng v Ire

18 Nov 2020 08:56 am:

Against Georgia, England 5m scrum in front of Georgia’s posts. First phase ball, Farrell's pass to Slade was so poor Slade had to slap it on to Jonny who had to check his run to catch it. He was tackled.
If Farrell can’t manage against second tier opposition it’s no wonder Jonny May never gets a decent pass.
Might as well put a forward on the wing......oh hang on a minute.....

Strange how neither of the Simmond’s brothers are anywhere near the squad.
I’ve only ever been wrong once; l thought l was wrong, but l was wrong!
Hall of Famer

18 Nov 2020 09:17 am:

If we start applying the one bad pass and you're dropped rule madders then Gloucester would run out of players pretty quickly!
Keyser Sose

18 Nov 2020 09:45 am:

Of course it might just be that EJ has at 10
Ford
OF
Cips????
Umaga
Smith
and then possibly a rookie in Simmonds

At 8 he has
Billy V
Hughes
Willis
Dombrandt
Wilson
and then maybe Simmonds who whilst clearly a very good player has the luxury pf playing behind one of the best packs in Europe.

He can't play them all and keep some continuity.
Hall of Famer

18 Nov 2020 10:56 am:

European Champions, European player of the year and Captain of the European Champions, yet neither of them in the squad....how odd. Yet EJ has no trouble finding some antipodean journeyman when he deems fit.
My point with Farrell is he can kick brilliantly but as a running 10 leaves a lot to be desired.
Jonny May gets very poor service due to this, that’s my point. It would be nice to give Joe Simmonds a chance.
Hall of Famer

18 Nov 2020 12:49 pm:

Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:If we start applying the one bad pass and you're dropped rule madders then Gloucester would run out of players pretty quickly!

If Madders was in charge Glos would be completely out of players every-time England were playing. :roll:
Formerly Sky blue
Hall of Famer

18 Nov 2020 14:40 pm:

Really?
The Simmonds brothers play for Exeter.
Hall of Famer

18 Nov 2020 15:37 pm:

I see the Leinster elite have seen Billy left on the bench.

18 Nov 2020 15:49 pm:

Ulster fly-half Billy Burns is named in the replacements after earning his first cap when replacing Sexton in the opening half last weekend, before a head injury assessment led to his departure in the 65th minute.

Burns' Ulster team-mate Rob Herring is also included in the replacements as he takes over from Connacht hooker Dave Heffernan.

Ireland: Keenan; Earls, Farrell, Aki, Lowe; R Byrne, Gibson-Park; Healy, Kelleher, Porter; Roux, Ryan (capt); Stander, O'Mahony, Doris.

Replacements: Herring, E Byrne, Bealham, Henderson, Connors, Murray, B Burns, Stockdale.

Billy on the bench with some decent players, although must be frustrating to be on the bench again supporting a different starting 10, but at least he's in the match day squad.
Hall of Famer

18 Nov 2020 16:09 pm:

England team I’d like to see against Ireland:
Malins
Daly
Slade
Farrell
May
Ford
Youngs
Vunipola
Curry
Underhill
Hill
Itoje
Genge
George
Stuart

18 Nov 2020 17:17 pm:

Still don't like Ford starting at 10 and thought Launchbury had a storming game last week and is a bit of a form player. But that's a strong side in a serious game for both side that would do the job.
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby