Tigers v Glaws OGT

Vice-Captain

Re: Tigers v Glaws OGT

22 Nov 2020 15:41 pm:

Thomas Young might have been good too.
Hall of Famer

22 Nov 2020 15:47 pm:

Mark Dudley wrote:The player I really wish we could have held onto is Dan Thomas.

Sort of agree but at the time we had Moriarty (obviously didnt stay with us for obvious reasons) and polledri, ludlow etc coming through. I think moriarty and polledri are much better players and am glad we have polledri ahead of thomas
On the board

22 Nov 2020 16:30 pm:

Number10 wrote:
Mark Dudley wrote:The player I really wish we could have held onto is Dan Thomas.

Sort of agree but at the time we had Moriarty (obviously didnt stay with us for obvious reasons) and polledri, ludlow etc coming through. I think moriarty and polledri are much better players and am glad we have polledri ahead of thomas

But unfortunately now not much of this season.
Hall of Famer

22 Nov 2020 17:45 pm:

Both Dan Thomas and Thomas Young would walk into our back row.
Hall of Famer

22 Nov 2020 17:47 pm:

Big Red wrote:Both Dan Thomas and Thomas Young would walk into our back row.

And probably will over the next few weeks, and then out of the other side ...
Previously Mark from Stroud
Hall of Famer

22 Nov 2020 18:06 pm:

Hero in the making

22 Nov 2020 18:55 pm:

Thanks for the link - but that made grim viewing.

Looking at that third try they spent ages reviewing (the Wigglesworth one) - the pass that looped around Sharples looked a couple of feet forward to me - yet ref seemed more fussed about offside on the kick - presumably something to do with the camera angle . . . ?
Vice-Captain

22 Nov 2020 19:00 pm:

grunter wrote:Well, should it be the OAP's or the young guns against Wasps next week? When I see the ex-Glaws players on the field for Bristol, it makes me feel so sad. Also at 9, Robson, Vellacott and Randall are light years better than Simpson. What has been happening at the club, allowing all that talent to leave and bringing in overseas players who have little or no club loyalty? Realistically, I fear another 25+ points drubbing next time out.

Although the Briz game v wasps wasnt great until the last 20, the tempo Randall put on was excellent. Thought that was why we signed Simpson? He seemed to spend more time doing semaphore than actually passing or sniping..
Hall of Famer

22 Nov 2020 19:03 pm:

Watching Atkinson laughing and smiling at the end to Wigglesworth is good because it's a game and they were mates at Sale BUT I really would have liked to see him looking pi55ed off at such a poor performance in GRFC colours.

Smile and hug in the bar where there are no cameras.

Or do professional players not actually care as long as they're being paid big bucks ?? :roll: :roll:

Back in the amateur days all 15 GRFC players would have trudged off looking distraught, embarrassed and angry. As were all GRFC fans watching at home. :roll: :roll:

Squad of 1000's ?? :roll: :roll:
Last edited by Gloucester Mute on 22 Nov 2020 19:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Vice-Captain

22 Nov 2020 19:06 pm:

Gloucester Mute wrote:Watching Atkinson laughing and smiling at the end to Wigglesworth is good because it's a game and they were mates at Sale BUT I really would have liked to see him looking pi55ed off at such a poor performance in GRFC colours.

Smile and hug in the bar.

Or do professional players not actually care as long as they're being paid big bucks ?? :roll: :roll:

Back in the amateur days all 15 GRFC players would have trudged off looking distraught, embarrassed and angry.

Have to agree. This does p^&s me off. I sulked for days after losing i only played semi-pro. This chatting and smiling post match and actually even during the game. Not sure what i find so funny tbh.
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby