Tigers v Glaws OGT

Re: Tigers v Glaws OGT

21 Nov 2020 19:12 pm:

Interesting that our 2 International singers scored as many points as the team did in total. Unfortunately, if they'd played v Leics, they wouldn't have had a sniff of the ball.
aka John Neary
Turns out for the A team

21 Nov 2020 19:16 pm:

SonofPricey wrote:For those saying it was the ‘first game of the season’. This fits into a pattern and trend that has been going on for over 12 months.

Rees Zammit has just scored a try for Wales by the way...

C’mon S0P, we’ve been losing a lot longer than that!
Hall of Famer

21 Nov 2020 19:19 pm:

The game plan from what I could perceive was one of territory gained by box kicking and then starting again if we won the ball or pinning them down if we didn't. Sadly the kicking was not accurate enough for any meaningful gain. You can criticise one on one tackling but you must question the defensive set up. For Tigers first try we had the pitch spread right across the pitch- I saw Jordie Reid at o/s centre but with only Jason Woodward behind that line allowing them to have a two on one on the narrow side with JW called to try a tackle starting from a central position. There are times, of course when you want the defensive line spread across the pitch but equally they have to be narrow at times too.
In the first half we had over 60% possession ( yes the missed tackle count was high) but it was what we did with that possission was contributory to allowing Leicester to provide a solid defensive wall. All too often it was a forward at second receiver bish bashing into organised Leicester defence. When the centres were utilised it involved Billy Twelvetrees trying to straighten the attack and draw in in tacklers. If I could read such a script I'm sure a well drilled defence saw it as a training exercise. What ever Gloucester tried it was signalled. The only time we went off script was for Simpson's try.
There were too many errors from too many players with accuracy and basics both in very short supply. Leicester werre made to look good. God help us against a well drilled and organised team.
First team regular

21 Nov 2020 19:28 pm:

There are those 5 stages of grief....SWs are presently stuck in phase 2.

1) shock / denial. ‘I don’t believe this has happened ‘
2) anger. ‘Sh*t— it has happened’
3) bargaining. ‘It might be better when our internationals are back’
4)depression. ‘we’ll be relegated at this rate’
5) acceptance. ‘Well maybe we will deserve it’.

Whatever...it doesn’t help our players to spend too much time in phase 2. Fans should support through thick and thin even when they had a v poor game.
Last edited by yourrealname on 21 Nov 2020 19:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hall of Famer

21 Nov 2020 19:32 pm:

yourrealname wrote:There are those 5 stages of grief....SWs are presently stuck in phase 2.

2) anger. ‘shizzle — it has happened’

Whatever...it doesn’t help our players to spend too much time in phase 2. Fans should support through thick and thin even when they had a v pot game.

I think most fans do stick through thick and thin, doesn't mean they can't express their frustration at a poor performance. Many fans will save up for their tickets and not have vast swathes of cash in reserve. The idea that some how the fans owe favours to the players just because they put on a the shirt I find a bit disrespectful. Surely its down to the players to realise what the shirt means to the fans?
Hall of Famer

We are so much better when we play at full speed.
It pulls the opposition around and gaps open.
From my untrained eye we just seemed to be off the pace, save for the JS try.
Of course some of our speed merchants were absent and that probably dictated policy.
Hall of Famer

I'm too depressed to write much about Gloucester tonight - just so disappointing to see the same old weaknesses and frailties.

But as a long time NFL fan, I'm also enjoying the season . However, as a Washington supporter it's not been great. For those that don't follow NFL, Washington are the equivalent of Gloucester.
Turns out for the A team

21 Nov 2020 19:33 pm:

It was like being back at school, when everyone comes in at the ruck and the grammar school boys get the ball and run round you.

It was shoddy.

Looking for plus points, the hairy back row played well in a poor team, so he must be good.
Hall of Famer

21 Nov 2020 19:35 pm:

yourrealname wrote:There are those 5 stages of grief....SWs are presently stuck in phase 2.

2) anger. ‘Sh*t— it has happened’

Whatever...it doesn’t help our players to spend too much time in phase 2. Fans should support through thick and thin even when they had a v poor game.

....or start a thread about having the city coat of arms on the shirts!
Senior squad member

21 Nov 2020 19:35 pm:

And the 6th ... is Preaching to everyone else as if your the only loyal supporter
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby