Tigers v Glaws OGT

Hall of Famer

Re: Tigers v Glaws OGT

21 Nov 2020 20:31 pm:

GM - my point wasn't based on his performances. As far as I'm concerned he gave us 1 great season which was a joy to watch. And he is definitely one of the most talented players I've seen in a Glos shirt.

Since then - the forwards have consistently been second best and consequently it's almost impossible for a 10 to work his magic.

He will be gone pretty soon - and there are a lot of issues behind that.

21 Nov 2020 20:54 pm:

steckers wrote:GM - my point wasn't based on his performances. As far as I'm concerned he gave us 1 great season which was a joy to watch. And he is definitely one of the most talented players I've seen in a Glos shirt.

Since then - the forwards have consistently been second best and consequently it's almost impossible for a 10 to work his magic.

He will be gone pretty soon - and there are a lot of issues behind that.

That last sentence is intriguing.
aka John Neary
Hall of Famer

21 Nov 2020 21:05 pm:

The conclusion is pure opinion.
Hero in the making

21 Nov 2020 21:12 pm:

Still feel our backs are indecisive. It feels to me that they don't know what to do in the moment. All speculation but I worry there's a conflict between instinct and gameplan. Though, from today's performance, I would struggle to say what that gameplan was
Hall of Famer

21 Nov 2020 21:17 pm:

Ben Carter - you think there is a gameplan?
Hero in the making

21 Nov 2020 21:20 pm:

I would like to think with multiple coaches and analysts there would be some form of gamelan Steckers. One can dream :?
Hall of Famer

21 Nov 2020 21:25 pm:

Hmmm. I wouldn't be so negative - but I thought most of the summer stuff was poor also.I really have no idea how Gloucester want to play under this coaching team.
Hero in the making

21 Nov 2020 21:28 pm:

Gloucester Mute wrote:The issue Steckers is 1) that DC is best mates with all the coaches 2) the majority of the GRFC play-list is set-up around DC at 10 3) there is no realistic replacement for DC.

For all those reasons DC needs to be pulling his finger out big time and deciding whether he is in or out.

GM, your contempt for DC and/or for GS and the other coaches, is very apparent. You have referred to him as Prince Cips in a very dismissive way and that he and the coaches are a big problem.
It doesn't become you and I would normally have respect for your view but on this occasion I think you are plain wrong.
In my view, any stand off, no matter how talented, would struggle behind a pack which was second best in every phase as we were today.
DC is by no means perfect and I'm sure he is aware of that, but to lay the problems of Gloucester Rugby at his door, as you seem to be doing, is deluded and myopic.
Unless you know much more than you're saying?
Last edited by TheOptimistSenior on 22 Nov 2020 09:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
DavidSillince, the slopes of Mayhill.
First team regular

21 Nov 2020 21:30 pm:

The penalty count was way too high. A lot of miss-kicks too. More composure and discipline for next week please.

If someone is holding you in and then grabs you by the sweetshop you have every right to boot them in the chest :lol:
Hall of Famer

21 Nov 2020 21:40 pm:

steckers wrote:Ben Carter - you think there is a gameplan?

I do believe there was a game plan today but as I said earlier it was not fulfilled. It was to use the kick to gain a foothold but sadly the kicks were not accurate and the strategy following a successful kick was easily read by Leicester. The indiscipline was a major factor against us but if GS believes that such a game plan will work he will need a totally different skill nd mindset from his players.
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby