Tigers v Glaws OGT

Hall of Famer

Re: Tigers v Glaws OGT

22 Nov 2020 13:19 pm:

For full context he said that the squad is in a good place, knew the game plan and had been working hard on Rugby training and not so much on pre season fitness.

Maybe he should have said that George is changing our style of play and we are working hard on the adjustments to the game plan. It will take time and Time wasn't built in a day blah blah blah.

As to some of the outpourings on this thread, it is one of the milder ones out there. I would recommend you go back and read what some posters have written. A lot of it is well thought out with excellent analysis of the current state of affairs.
On the board

22 Nov 2020 13:50 pm:

Well, should it be the OAP's or the young guns against Wasps next week? When I see the ex-Glaws players on the field for Bristol, it makes me feel so sad. Also at 9, Robson, Vellacott and Randall are light years better than Simpson. What has been happening at the club, allowing all that talent to leave and bringing in overseas players who have little or no club loyalty? Realistically, I fear another 25+ points drubbing next time out.
Hero in the making

22 Nov 2020 13:52 pm:

If we run in to contact next week like we did yesterday then Willis will have an absolute field day
Hall of Famer

22 Nov 2020 14:06 pm:

grunter wrote:Well, should it be the OAP's or the young guns against Wasps next week? When I see the ex-Glaws players on the field for Bristol, it makes me feel so sad. Also at 9, Robson, Vellacott and Randall are light years better than Simpson. What has been happening at the club, allowing all that talent to leave and bringing in overseas players who have little or no club loyalty? Realistically, I fear another 25+ points drubbing next time out.

Umm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBNBk-2WrEs

and: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JoMc0gAf94
Previously Mark from Stroud
On the board

22 Nov 2020 14:15 pm:

Mark Dudley wrote:
grunter wrote:Well, should it be the OAP's or the young guns against Wasps next week? When I see the ex-Glaws players on the field for Bristol, it makes me feel so sad. Also at 9, Robson, Vellacott and Randall are light years better than Simpson. What has been happening at the club, allowing all that talent to leave and bringing in overseas players who have little or no club loyalty? Realistically, I fear another 25+ points drubbing next time out.

Umm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBNBk-2WrEs

and: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JoMc0gAf94

That doesn't change my opinion.
On the board

22 Nov 2020 14:23 pm:

Ben Carter wrote:If we run in to contact next week like we did yesterday then Willis will have an absolute field day

This is one of our key issues, imho... little support when players are taking the ball into contact and when we do break, players just getting isolated.

Not sure if it is savvier running lines required or overall team awareness of what each other is doing?

22 Nov 2020 14:28 pm:

There are two aspects to this

- the team, it's plan, sticking to it etc.
- the individual player - doing their job properly and to the best of their ability and minimising mistakes.

When I look at Leicester's player & contractual issues; losing their DoR, C-19 disrupting their training and preparations; then looking at Bristol who on 65 mins are winning away at Wasps, with all their absentees it does show that it can be done, we can be better.

Back to the training pitch to put it right.
Vice-Captain

22 Nov 2020 14:51 pm:

I am with Grunter on the JS issue, and always have been, he is great on the break, but in all other aspects I think he is too slow and box kicking is not good, does not come close to Willi in terms of control.
Vice-Captain

22 Nov 2020 15:15 pm:

grunter wrote:Also at 9, Robson, Vellacott and Randall are light years better than Simpson. What has been happening at the club, allowing all that talent to leave and bringing in overseas players who have little or no club loyalty?

Struggling to work out who you're talking about here. Heinz, who's still at the club, or were Robson, Vellacott and Randall intending to play in the pack prior to some of the overseas signings?
Hall of Famer

22 Nov 2020 15:37 pm:

The player I really wish we could have held onto is Dan Thomas.
Previously Mark from Stroud
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby