England Women Vs France Women

Hall of Famer
Location: Sent to Coventry - Well someone's got to live here!

Re: England Women Vs France Women

21 Nov 2020 13:45 pm:

Oh for more games like that! Hugely entertaining, what a comeback. :) Emptying the entire bench was either going to be a masterstroke or clanging error. Fortunately it was the former.
Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems. - Homer Simpson.
Senior squad member

21 Nov 2020 13:48 pm:

Oh it was a red card TMO shouldn’t have got involved and got it very wrong
Hall of Famer

21 Nov 2020 14:08 pm:

Why shouldn't TMO get involved ?? Surely they have a lot more angles etc; to look at + no players around etc; ?? It's what it says on the tin Television Match Official - if you've got one use them and make doubly-sure of a key decision.

Was a great comeback.

My only ?-mark was before the first French try when the overthrown English line-out throw hit the referee and deflected the ball into French direction. They got possession and scored. Surely if ball hits referee (and it makes a difference) you have to immediately blow up ??
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Senior squad member

21 Nov 2020 14:30 pm:

Erm because she’s kicked a player?
Hero in the making

21 Nov 2020 14:43 pm:

My first thought was the discussion of a red was harsh and glad the TMO intervened. The French player was being held in to the ruck and was trying to get some traction to push herself out. Silly? Probably, Malice? No, Red card, not in my book, others may disagree
Hall of Famer

21 Nov 2020 14:45 pm:

Natoono - I was reacting to your comment "TMO shouldn’t have got involved" and why they should. Not on the verdict per se.

That said there was a good discussion between all the officials and personally I think they came to the right decision taking everything into account. At the end of the day the referee makes the initial call and the final call NOT the TMO (who simply uses all the pictures/information to help the referee).

A red card would have occurred with no TMO and IMHO would have been a tough call.
Last edited by Gloucester Mute on 21 Nov 2020 14:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

21 Nov 2020 14:47 pm:

Gloucester Mute wrote:I was reacting to your comment "TMO shouldn’t have got involved" of why they should. Not on the verdict.

That said there was a good discussion between all the officials and personally I think they came to the right decision taking everything into account. At the end of the day the referee makes the initial call and the final call NOT the TMO (who simply uses all the pictures/information to help the referee).
100%
A red card would have occurred with no TMO and IMHO would have been a tough call.
The older I get the faster I was. Used to be known as Peanutcoxy
Senior squad member

21 Nov 2020 15:40 pm:

In another week she hits the player in the face and the player now looses 2 teeth. It was a very dirty shot regardless if she’s being held.

But I understand your point now, I disagree with her opinion though
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby