What is the style of play?

Hall of Famer

What is the style of play?

21 Nov 2020 16:52 pm:

With Ackers the players would try to keep the ball alive, shift it out of contact looking for offloads sucking in defending players then push the ball out wide. What is the game plan now because since rugby restart and now this first match I've not seen an identifiable game plan. I know Skivington wants to play a different game style but I'm not sure what it is yet?

Obviously is the first match and a disappointing start and I don't to judge it yet, but the last few performances have looked a little disjointed and I haven't really seen anything that makes me go... ah yes that is what we are doing
Last edited by The Vic on 21 Nov 2020 16:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: What is the style of play?

21 Nov 2020 16:53 pm:

The style is called headless chickens....
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
Hall of Famer

21 Nov 2020 16:56 pm:

The pack isn’t too bad but our attack in the three quarters is slow, static and predictable. What on earth does Alex King do all week?
I can understand not winning but it’s the lacklustre nature of our play that irks.
I’ve only ever been wrong once; l thought l was wrong, but l was wrong!
Hall of Famer

21 Nov 2020 16:58 pm:

Hard to create much in attack when our back line without May, Thorley and LRZ is essentially a rugby retirement home.
Hall of Famer

21 Nov 2020 17:01 pm:

Give Seabrook a start, he has pace and attitude. Got to be worth a run out.
I’ve only ever been wrong once; l thought l was wrong, but l was wrong!
On the board

21 Nov 2020 17:05 pm:

A bad stat from the game. Gave away more penalties than scored points :o
Lockdown apathy has taken hold.
Hero in the making

21 Nov 2020 17:06 pm:

We need a mix up from the standard play. Pop passes round the corner don't really work as we go backwards in contact. Passes so late the player is halfway to the ground in the tackle don't really work as we cough the ball up. Not having a set piece to compete really doesn't work, we get pinged left right and centre. Our game plan has to start with defence. We need to bully opposition and put a stamp on the game. Since rugby restart I've felt we've lived on scraps. A lot of work to be done
Hero in the making

21 Nov 2020 17:07 pm:

How bad does lances statement of ‘we were stunned that it was just a case of changing a few foot placements where we need to improve’, look now. If only it were that simple!!
Hall of Famer

21 Nov 2020 17:15 pm:

The style today looks like a forward dominant one with box kicking to the fore. Unfortunatley we havent got a dominant pack so we are going to struggle!

Not sure why we stopped competing at the lineout as we were winning most of their ball.
Hall of Famer

21 Nov 2020 17:17 pm:

Harum, and indeed, scarum.
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby