Bath
No votes
Tigers
47%

Total votes : 49

Hall of Famer

Worst defeat under GS...so far

21 Nov 2020 17:55 pm:

Although there has been many and many to come based on today’s performance, which has been the worst defeat for you under GS so far performance wise?
Vice-Captain

Re: Worst defeat under GS...so far

21 Nov 2020 18:01 pm:

I think "under GS" is unnecessary/uncalled for. I'm pretty certain he and his team don't coach how to miss one on one tackles, drop the ball from a high kick , punt it straight into touch or give dull penalties away. Once they step on the park the players have to take responsibility and the majority were downright poor today (and the more experienced at that).
Neil Vincent
We all watch the same match but each of us sees a different game
Hall of Famer

21 Nov 2020 18:06 pm:

We’re continuing to lose lots of games of rugby and the things we were supposed to be improving on, are staying largely the same or getting worse. As I’ve said elsewhere I’m not calling for his head or saying he’s x, y or z games away from being under pressure. All I’m saying is I’m yet to be convinced and remain as sceptical as I was when I first saw him linked.
Hero in the making

21 Nov 2020 18:16 pm:

VV wrote:I think "under GS" is unnecessary/uncalled for. I'm pretty certain he and his team don't coach how to miss one on one tackles, drop the ball from a high kick , punt it straight into touch or give dull penalties away. Once they step on the park the players have to take responsibility and the majority were downright poor today (and the more experienced at that).

Right... it is their job to coach them not to do that though...
Hall of Famer

21 Nov 2020 18:34 pm:

I don’t know if anyone has seen the interview with him after the game, but he admit the team weren’t prepared properly...

Why not?!
Hall of Famer

21 Nov 2020 18:34 pm:

I'm fully blaming GS for this as he is accountable for the performance of the team. He was also the one who recruited his mates into Coaching positions at the club as well.

Would love to know what challenges George set them for this game. It certainly wasn't catching, breaking the gain line or scrumaging.

Next month Lance will be asking us for some more money. Good luck with that Lance.
Hall of Famer

21 Nov 2020 18:42 pm:

It was the lack of determination that riled me. I would rather some academy lads giving their all played than have to endure some of that again.
A sad day for Gloucester Rugby.
I’ve only ever been wrong once; l thought l was wrong, but l was wrong!
Hall of Famer

21 Nov 2020 22:17 pm:

I would underline ‘so far’.
Hall of Famer

21 Nov 2020 22:24 pm:

GS and the coaches weren't on the pitch.

This loss is 95% down to the players. Leicester's win is 5% due to Borthwick.

Unfair for anyone to blame GS.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

21 Nov 2020 22:36 pm:

Is this the same GS who admitted that he and his fellow coaches hadn't prepared Gloucester for this match?
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby